Combi boiler & a new shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a combi boiler (Potteron Performa 30HE).

We're seen a new shower we'd like http://www.wickes.co.uk/Quad-Shower-Cabin-with-Monsoon-HeadRoof/invt/160602

From what I am aware, our boiler won't be able to provide the necessary pressure to the shower (or am I wrong?)

Wicks have spoke to the technical people who supply the shower, and they've adviced that we will be able to fit a negative head pump to create the correct pressure. However....a pump of a hot water feed from a combi boiler? you can't do that can you?

We want to find out for certain if we can have this shower, without having to change our whole heating system which is only 4 month old.

Sponsored Links
hard to tell without knowing your working pressure e.g you could have 3 bar static pressure yet when 2 taps are open simulating hot and cold.you could have a low working pressure below the manufacturers stated pressrure.the bit about the pump doesnt make sense.this would breach water regs.the only thing i can think of waht they meant was to have the combi running off a break tank using a booster pump. bit over top for a shower.

I think we're just going to get a mixer shower running off the combi, at least we'll know that'll work.

The advice form wickes was absolute nonsense.
Whether or not the shower gets enough water is a matter of flow, not pressure.
You can not use a pump in combination with a combi.

Sponsored Links
In perfect conditions youe boiler should be capable of supply 12 l/m hot water.

Although mostly adequate, I would have thought a 'monsoon' style shower would need to have about 18 l/min to give the drenching effect :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back