myson apollo 30/50b pilot will not stay lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i push the green button in and press the igniter, the pilot light lights up. I leave the button in for 20secs then release it like the instructions say, but when it is released the pilot always goes out. I can't get it to stay
on at all. Any ideas with a quick response would be grateful. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably a failed thermocouple. Not really a DIY job since it involves the gas side of the boiler, but shouldn't be too expensive a job if that's all that's wrong - maybe £50?

t/coupler you hope, as if its not that and the o/heat stat is ok then its a gas valve, is the flame a good size , if it is then you will need to get a corgi reg fitter out to fix it

do you know anything about boilers if you do then a t/coupler is quite easy to fit but if you dont , then dont touch

Sponsored Links
Hi no its not a diy job ! the appolo has an interupter on the coupling, so it could even be the overheat cutout, i had one with the wire broken off so out went the pilot, the pilot could also be to small to reach the tip of the coupling gas does cause a corrosion in the pilot jet and can stop the pilot from being full flame, as the other posts say get it looked at as it involves the gas side always use C.O.R G.I registered plumbers

The pilot light seems to be a normal size. The thermocouple and the gas valve was changed less than 12 months ago. Could these break again within that time

o yes they are made cheap these days there is a way of checking it but its not for the d i y sorry mind you even after 12 months i have had gas valves go faulty thats why you need an engineer to check it out for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back