Myson Apollo 40S - Gas cut off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having this problem for a while. Basically, when the temperature gets close to the set temperature, gas cuts off and boiler shuts off and after 1-3 seconds it fires off again and works for a short while and then the same story again. There are three thermostat on the water pipe (limitstat (green), highstat (brown), lowstat(white)).
Any idea what the problem might be?
Cheers

112000_111150_11467_63300007_thumb.jpg

112000_111150_11469_25524720_thumb.jpg%20

112000_111150_11469_25524720_thumb.jpg

112000_111150_11470_13587421_thumb.jpg

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
We cannot do anything other than guess unless you can measure the flow and return temperature at the boiler.

There are several possibilities.

If you dont want to bother with any measurements then you could change all three thermostats and that may well cure the problem as they can drift a long way after 15 years! Needs thermal transfer paste!

However, there could be several other possibilities, too low flow rate or wrong gas settings or scalled up heat exchanger etc.

Tony

thanks for the swift response.
Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to do the measurements. However I will change the stats next week to see if it does the trick (I think they've been in service long enough!).
One thing that I noticed was that when I set the pump to low (it's got 3 levels) this occurs much less or sometimes it does not happened at all!! But as soon as the hot water starts running, gas cuts off and boiler fires up again etc...

poor circulation, but the case back on. problem eslewhere.

pump, c'feed, header tank...

Sponsored Links
poor circulation, but the case back on. problem eslewhere.

pump, c'feed, header tank...

Actually the pump sometimes makes some ratteling noise when works on high speed. Is there any ways to check if this is really faulty and if so is there any ways to fix it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back