Myson Apollo HW but no Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All of a sudden my heating does not work.

HW is fine boiler fires no problem, but CH does not fire.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Have you 2 x 2port zone valves or 1 x 3 port valve. If so I would suspect 3 port head or ch 2 port valve head.

Checked room stat?

Checked room stat and all ok,

Just found the mid position valve (assume thats what you mean by a 1 x 3 port valve) in the airing cupboard and it seems to be stuck on the W, there is a plstic type switch but it won't seem to budge.

If you can, remove head and see if spindle is stuck. If not replace head. If it is stuck then new complete unit needed ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheers, i'll have a look in the morning.

I can no move it manually to the "M" position, but it just slowly drifts back to W, what would happen if I wedged it in the M piositio for a while?

heating & h/w should get hot but with no thermostatic control. If you do this and rads get hot then this proves valve faulty ;)

Cheers,

Yer held it open for a few minutes and the rads warmed up, so it must be that then - couldn't be anything else though could it??

Could just check that stat controling it is sending 240V to it first ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back