Re: Thorn myson apollo CH problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems with my ageing apollo 30/50 IT worked fine when set to HW but when set to HW/CH it would cut out aftr 20 minutes and knock the pilot out.Anyhow i replaced the pump last week and it seemed to be ok although I haven`t had it on much due to mild weather. But yesterday I had CH on for a just over two hours when it cut off and is displaying same problem again ok on HW but shuts off on HW/CH. Any ideas or possible solutions please.

Sponsored Links
Which heat setting have you set on the boiler?

Tony

Sponsored Links
You should measure the flow temperature in each position, probably set for about 82 C and about 68 C.

But the problem is almost certainly with the o/h stat as they tend to ho high resistance. They can be tested by measuring the voltage across them.

However, this is questionable not a job recommended for DIY because it is a safety device controling the combustion of the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back