Myson Apollo si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

New here so be gentle. I am corgi registered but a bit stumped with this one as i don't usually repair boilers....this ones a favour.

Friends return from hols...switch on heating.....rads warm....then notice its going cold. Check boiler.....not lit with call for heating or water. I visit. Boiler cold. Call for heating and the boiler fires......stays lit for say 15-20 mins. In the meantime i am checking heating controls. 3 port is stuck in closed position ie heating open. No change when you call for water heating so i test solenoid ands its gone. Change 3 port thinking maybe the single open circuit is causing the stat to kick out the heating quicker....i know it shouldn't but......

I am thinking its either the boiler stat or the overheat stat locking out the gas valve. So to recap....boiler fires everytime when cold but after a period kicks out and won't relit till cold again........ideas??

Sponsored Links
Check the flue, it could have collapsed and the air intake could be blowing back onto the burner and blowing it out. It would be intermittent as it depends on what way the wind is blowing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back