Myson Economist Cutting Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lovely (very cheap 15 years ago) boiler has started to cut out for no reason. I can light the pilot light and it works fine for say 15 mins, then ... gone... i go up light it again.... another 30 mins... gone...... i then do this again and sometimes it can stay on all day and even to then next morning when it switches on.... but that evening... nothing !! I thought it could be the thermocouple but the pilot will light (if a little bit slow) but it will just not seem to hold the pilot for a great period of time. When it last went out i was in the loft and heard a click sound when it went out, as if i had switched the controler to the off position (which i had not). Any ideas on the cause of this... i don't want to get another boiler as my ''old faithful' is now part of the family.....

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it needs a service - poor thermocouple, weak pilot,...

thanks for that, i must admit (dont shout !) I have not had it serviced for god knows how many years..... i will get a heating engineer in and get the thermocouple changed and it serviced, cheers.

N.B Do you know any good Corgi registered engineers in the Manchester area ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back