Myson Economist WM60/80 BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is a Myson Economist WM60/80 BF running on gas

Pilot light goes low and hence thermocouple drops out but only after main burner has shut down i.e. system is hot. After unit is cooled pilot will relight to correct length of flame. It will remain lit indefinitely until main burner has come on and then gone off at which point the pilot can be seen to reduce in length then followed by thermocouple clicking out.

The original thermocouple was checked at 7mV but has been replaced as a matter of elimination, the volts drop across the limit stat is a maximum of 2.3mV

The problem started 3 days ago.

Sponsored Links
Possibly blockage in pilot tube/injector. First course of action would be to blow through with air compressor to eliminate the simple :)

Wouldn't something in the pilot nozzle stop the pilot from being lit at all?

Is there anything regarding temperature that could cause the pilot to let out less gas when warm?

Sponsored Links
Iamtas said:
My boiler is a Myson Economist WM60/80 BF running on gas

Pilot light goes low and hence thermocouple drops out but only after main burner has shut down i.e. system is hot. After unit is cooled pilot will relight to correct length of flame. It will remain lit indefinitely until main burner has come on and then gone off at which point the pilot can be seen to reduce in length then followed by thermocouple clicking out.

The original thermocouple was checked at 7mV but has been replaced as a matter of elimination, the volts drop across the limit stat is a maximum of 2.3mV

The problem started 3 days ago.
Replace the pilot injector if you have already removed to clean.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back