myson kick sapce heater not blowing hot hair/ heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a myson 500 kick space heater that is plumbed into the central heating system, it is 2 yrs old and was working before we had the kitchen renovated and a new central heating system installed new bolier/rads.

Now one year on it has now been refitted but it wont give off any heat.
It works fine on the cool setting fan turns cold air is blown out.
but on the warm setting low and high, it only seems to kick on when it wants to i have timed it to be every 3-5 mins and it stays on for around 3- 40 seconds, the fan turns but only cool air is blown out and it turns off again after 40 seconds or so..

I have tried turning the air release valve on the left h/s at the front by the vent and just water comes out. i have tried swaping the flexi hoses around

i noticed that the top hose is getting hot water as i can feel it, and bottom one has cold water running through it , all the other rads in the house are all hot and working fine .

Should it have fitted it with its own external thermostat

thanks

Sponsored Links
Probable airlock in pipework to it turn heating on and all other rads off and try and force it through

HI

it sounds like circulation problem.try turning off all rads and turn the heating on.remember it only blows hot air once the pipe (are hot) sensor is activated.check if sensor is fitted correctly.

Sponsored Links
probabley the hold off stat or as said a lack of circulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back