Myson kick space heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone experience of running one of these on micro bore powered from a Worcester 34cdi? Myson say has to be piped on 15mm ?? This would be impossible with present set up.

Sponsored Links
I piped one up with a couple of metres of 10mm once, it works well enough. I wouldn't like to put one on a long length or any smaller than 10mm though, and your warranty could be affected.

Are you intending to tee into an existing micro bore supply to feed the kick space? If so I would advise against it. I'm assuming that is your intention, but tell us more for a better reply.

A 500 has only a maximum output of 1.5KW. We commonly pipe up in 10mm Hep2o & never a problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all of your information. It is my intention to install a 500 as a boost unit to the existing double panel Radiator. I plan to operate it from a myson thermostat so as to be only in operation for minimum durations. Unfortunately, it was also my intention to tee off the existing 10mm pipe work.

Thanks for all of your information. It is my intention to install a 500 as a boost unit to the existing double panel Radiator. I plan to operate it from a myson thermostat so as to be only in operation for minimum durations. Unfortunately, it was also my intention to tee off the existing 10mm pipe work.

Ah, now that's different!! You need to connect the 10mm from the main F&R.

Definitely no teeing microbore with a fan convector, you'll never manage to balance it with the rad.

BTW Smiths environmental make a similar unit called space saver, available up to 2.1 KW. Would you be able to do away with the rad at a greater output?

I have a Kickspace. Piping up in less than 15mm is dodgy. The small kW unit maybe OK. Suck it and see, but makes sure the water temp is high. They need flow. Also they do not work too well when the temperature of the water is too low, which can happen with some condensing boiler's auto controls. I piped mine up in 22mm and 15mm flexes from there. With having such a good flow through the unit, even if the water temp is lower than it should be, it heats up very well. I have a 22mm zone valve on it, so when off the cupboards above are not continually hot. It was easy to fit the 22mm pipe. I also have switch in a cupboard that turns it on and off. The switch is labelled and at a convenient height instead of bending.

Last edited:
I have a Kickspace. Piping up in less than 15mm is dodgy. The small kW unit maybe OK. Suck it and see, but makes sure the water temp is high. They need flow. Also they do not work too well when the temperature of the water is too low, which can happen with some condensing boiler's auto controls. I piped mine up in 22mm and 15mm flexes from there. With having such a good flow through the unit, even if the water temp is lower than it should be, it heats up very well. I have a 22mm zone valve on it, so when off the cupboards above are not continually hot. It was easy to fit the 22mm pipe. I also have switch in a cupboard that turns it on and off. The switch is labelled and at a convenient height instead of bending.

Grossly over-engineered as always Dr Drivel!! It has an internal thermostat, so will not switch on unless there's sufficient heat. With the tiny heat battery in the unit, the Delta T is likely to be minimal anyway. Also, most of the pipes in the heat battery are roughly 10mm. So back to your Nursing Home fella & leave the design work to the real Tradesmen.

Once again thanks to you all for the information.
I have decided to drop the idea of a hot water convector due to the limitations of my system and am going to install the all electric myson kick space heater.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back