Myson MPE322 spring return issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My actuator is getting stuck on in the central heating position. This seems to happen when there is a demand for water heating at the same time - eventually the house warms up, the water never gets heated (as all the flow is to the central heating circuit) and so the central heating thermostat clicks off - but the pump keeps running as the hot water thermostat is never satisfied (or maybe the pump keeps running coz the actuator is turning it on as it’s stuck).
Now the odd bit - if I touch the actuator very gently, the tiniest of nudges, you hear it snap back into the default position due to the return spring - and we are all good until it happens again. The actuator is pretty new. I’ve loosed the screws holding the actuator to the 3-way value plate, in case it was a slight alignment issue and it was jamming/failing to turn the value. This made no difference. The valve is definitely hard to turn - I can turn it by hand with pliers but not just with my fingers.
So - are the values normally that stiff? And is that the likely cause of my issue (not something I want to replace in a COVID19 lockdown scenario!), or a faulty actuator?

Sponsored Links
Sounds iffy, but maybe check for alignment? How new is new? I have customers tell me “that boilers only a few years old” I find it funny when I say “it’s about 12 years old”.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back