Myson Orion 30si - not regulating heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem whereby, the heating & water will come on with the timer but will then cut out either when the water is up to temperature or the thermostat on the boiler cuts it off.- usually b4 the room thermostat temperature is reached.

The problem is that the boiler will not fire up again after the initial start up and so the house then starts to cool down and is not regulated at the temperature of the room thermostat.

i can get it working again (manually) but i have to swith it off completely until the fan stops and then restart it.

i have read some threads on this site and think it points to a faulty Air pressure switch as it seems to be connected to the fan having to stop before the boiler will re-fire.

Just a note, you can hear the ignition board (which i also had to replace recently) trying to start the boiler but then cutting out, as though something is telling it it is not safe to do so.

I have bought a new air pressure switch but can't fit it correctly yet as i need a modified flexipipe (on order) to enable it to fit correctly - although i did manage to connect it to the tube from the fan (incorrectly) to test it and it did not solve the problem so i am not so sure it is the air pressure switch now?

Your help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back