Myson Orion - what sort of boiler is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what sort of boiler a Myson Orion is please? I have to have it replaced as the fan and timer are broken and its going to costs a bomb to fix. Told to get a new boiler so looking for one to replace the Myson Orion. What sort of boiler should i be looking for?
Cheers
Jonno

Sponsored Links
fan and timer are broken and its going to costs a bomb to fix
Are you sure a repair isn't feasible? I can't see why it should cost "a bomb" - could be less than £200. Compare that to the cost of a new condensing boiler, including an allowance for the higher maintenance costs of a new boiler.

jonno05 said:
Does anyone know what sort of boiler a Myson Orion is please? I have to have it replaced as the fan and timer are broken and its going to costs a bomb to fix. Told to get a new boiler so looking for one to replace the Myson Orion. What sort of boiler should i be looking for?
Cheers
Jonno

you are of course having a laff
or the git you have got in is :rolleyes:

Fan is approx 145, programmer 95 plus labour and vat. Boiler is at least 15 years old standard wall mounted conventional boiler. Obviously don't know the condition of it hence wheather it's worth throwing cash at or not....your choice.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know what sort of boiler a Myson Orion is please
Cast iron heat exchanger. It's the next generation from the thorn/myson olympic. Generally worth fixing as a new combi would cost an H bomb by comparison and the equivallent of 2 or 3 bombs to repair when they go wrong.
A replacement boiler would have to be condensing and would entail the additional work of bringing your system up to CHeSS specification ie TRV's controls and stats etc. This would also cost an H bomb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back