Myson TRV - broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my TRVs has broken, see picture below. It looks like some of the plastic bits that engage with the valve, inside the knob, have broken. I suspect this is because this TRV was switched off for a loooooong time, and the valve ended up getting stuck.

I assumed that I would have to get a new TRV, and someone to fit it. However, I just stumbled across the fact that Myson sell the heads separately, and it looks to me like all I need to do is to unscrew the old head via the metal knurled nut (below the black plastic bit in the picture) and fit a new one, so even a plumbing dumbass like me should be capable (no draining of the system required).

I guess that once I remove the old head then I should open the valve before fitting the new head, to get over the fact that it might be a little stuck based on lack of use, before fitting the new head.

Am I right? Have I missed something? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Easy job - just unscrew as you said. Just make sure the valve is working (the operating pin can stick if not used for a long time). Sometimes just tapping the valve body is enough to free it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back