Mysterious pool of water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I know mysterious pools of water are supposed to be in some way be related to poltergeists, but I really dont think that is the case here :eek:

We have just had a pretty intense storm where I live and the rain was practically horizontal for about half an hour etc.

I work from home and about ten mins ago I went downstairs to make a cuppa only to find a pool of water (approx 20cm in diameter and not very deep) in the middle of my kitchen floor.

I could not find where on earth it has come from. There are no leaks from the ceiling above it, it is approx a metre from our french doors (where there was a much smaller pool (5cm dia).

The floor is laminate on top of insulation, on top of a concrete floor. I wiped it up and pressed down on the laminate but I could see no signs of further water ingress!

any ideas?

Nothing was spilled nearby either. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Rain came in thru doors and when it reach the slight gradient that must be in you laminate floor it ran to lowest point and pooled leaving a little at original entry point.Simples.
So where's the mystery?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back