Mystery Items Found in the Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found in the garden of our new house.

First is a crock lid on top of a pipe that goes straight down for 3 - 4 ft. THe lid may not be original. Found under a concrete path that has been there anything up to 60yrs (when the house was built).

IMG_20190505_165953344.jpg

Second is metal with ribs extending out an inch or two. Hole is 2-3 in. dia. The plug does not fit any more (if it ever did). There's something solid under the grass for about 12 in. dia. Seems to have been plugged with concrete about 4 in. down. No idea of age but that sec tion of garden was bought from a neighbour a few decades ago and was previously either allotments or a tennis court (conflicting information).

IMG_20190505_165953344.jpg

I can guess what they may be, but would welcome any ideas.

Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_170325674.jpg
    IMG_20190505_170325674.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 134
Sponsored Links
Different parts of the garden. Two different items but it looks like I messed up adding the pictures. The second inline thumbnail should actually be the picture that is attached to the original post.

Sponsored Links
The houses down our road all have something like that in the front gardens . Our rainwater pipes go straight into the ground and I think the holes may be air vents connected to the rainwater drains. I covered mine up about with soil 15 years ago, as have most people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back