Mystery loss of pressure in Vokera Linea boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been experiencing loss of pressure on Vokera Linea boiler. Over course of week pressure drops from just over 1 to near 0. Expansion vessel and PRV has been replaced, engineers haven't found any leaks in boiler itself. Engineers came to try and track leak down in pipework including lifting floorboards. Discovered small leak from one radiator and fixed it but pressure continues to fall. No signs of water damage to any floors/ceilings.

Is it possible there is a leak somewhere in the boiler out of sight?

I'm asking because we're expecting to replace boiler in coming months. Wondering if I should do that before starting a fresh round of tearing house to pieces trying to find the mystery leak?

Thoughts welcome.

Sponsored Links
Is there any evidence of leak coming from boiler? Is the boiler discharging water out side via blow off? There could be other leaks on the central heating system, I would check around all visible valves such as radiator valves, bleed offs and radiator end caps also check any drain off valves are not weeping.

But when does it loose pressure - all the time, just when running?

If you repressurised boiler and left it overnight switched off does pressure drop?

When running what does the pressure rise to?

Tie a polythene bag over the pressure release pipe - does it collect water when the pressure drops?

All relevant, and important, questions when trying to diagnose pressure drops.

Pressurise your boiler to 2 bar the last thing before going to bed or first thing in the morning but it has to be cold, isolate your boiler with the valves on the flow and return. Without using the boiler for say 6=8 hrs re check the pressure if it is still 2 bar it is likely the instalation, open the iso valves if you get an imediate drop then you know its the instalation.

Sponsored Links
Has the main heat exchanger been checked? Very common for these to leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back