Nail Gun - Air Compressor HELP please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a nail gun recently - Tacwise 50mm Brad Nailer. Air Nail Gun. DGN50V

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006XBTADS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and i need an air compressor, but i have no clue what one to get as i'm quite new to some aspects of DIY, especially a nail gun!

I want to nail in my skirting boards and would like to know:

what's the cheapest/best air compressor to get for this nail gun? I'm looking to spend as little as possible on one that will work well with my nail gun.

Many thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
A nail gun will need in the region of 80 to 100 psi per shot, but the air consumption is minimal.
Therefore any small compressor will do, as they can all reach around the 115 psi mark.
Check out the Machine Mart range, something like the Tiger 8/44......quite a potent piston compressor.
It will also inflate tyres and so on, but won't look at other air tools other than the cheaper spray guns.
John :)

I don't think that would be suitable, but I've no real knowledge.......I would expect a compressor to need a receiving tank to allow the gun to work properly with a spurt of air. These car tyre things produce very small volumes of air, although they can match the pressure needed.
John :)

Sponsored Links
£89 in Aldi this week, but a 50mm brad gun is of no use for skirting, far too feeble.

ended up buying the Workzone 2.5HP Air Compressor - hoping it's more than capable :D £60 at Aldi!

certainly get more use out of it in the future with other tools

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back