2" Air Brad Nailer with 1" nails - anyone use this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm about to buy an air brad nail gun, as I want to build a fair amount of timber furniture. I'd normally use screws (pilot hole first), but it's time consuming and the screw heads leave a large area to be filled and sanded.

My question concerns the nail gun. I'm looking at a generic gun that can use 10 - 50mm 18ga brads and type 90 staples. These guns are all over ebay and discount tool shops up and down the country. Are these guns known for jaming with smaller nails (like 1"). I imagine that there will be people out there that have these cheap brad nailers, and use them with different size nails. If that's you, I'd appreciate your experiences.

Just a bit wary of one tool that claims to accommodate many different size nails. If needed, I could buy two nail guns, for 1" and 2", as they seem to maunfacture them in different sizes.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi FK, at work we eack have a clarke 2 inch nail gun, it will fire anything smaller no problem, ive never had any problms with inch nails aslong a you have good air pressure, if its no good, it might jam more easily, just telling you from experience, may be different dpending on the gun ;)

hope this helps

tom

Thanks Tom,

I'll buy a 2" gun then, and see how I go. If I have problems, I'll add to this thread.

All of the brad nailers I have used are quite capable of using different length brads. from 19mm up to 50mm. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
as long as you realise 18 gauge is only like a thin pin with little pull out resistance

Have used both air nailer and electric and both seem reliable.I usually dovetail the nails to reduce pull out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back