Nail gun Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm currently working on a renovation project of a 4 bedroom house.

The place has been completely gutted and replaced and I'm now working on the final bits of the 2nd fix.

Having found an auto loading screw gun an absolute godsend for plasterboarding the ceilings and walls, I thought about also investing in a nail gun, but I'm a bit unsure about what I need. The primary use will be attaching skirtings, building door frames and attaching architrave.

I guess the first decision is should I go for air or gas/electric driven? There seem to be a lot of relatively cheap air nailers, but are these any good? I've got a decent compressor, so that isn't a concern.

What sort of size nails size nails should I be using for attaching skirting / architrave?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
discount any 18 gauge as these are no more than pin guns :D

Sponsored Links
my god your quick i edited to say that rules out mains and you had thanked me already lol ;)

Air nailers are a very effective tools ,heavy coprressors can be a bit of pain,a 6LTS 1.5 hp would do a 16g nailer that would do all the 2nd fix work with the addition of some goo behind the skirtings

The compressor i've got is completely overkill (100L 3hp) but it can just sit in the garage. I've got a 30m hose for it, which should work it's way around most of the house.

As above, a 16g air nailer will do the job. I've never used the DeWalt one you have quoted, but for the price -hey... I would recommend buying a 'recoil hose' though, for those tight spots where access is limited and foul language is inevitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back