Which Nail gun to buy??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im looking at buying a nailgun but im not sure which to go for and which ones are any good. I cant really afford any cordless guns but I do have a good compressor and have seen on the net a few good looking air nail guns but again not sure if these are any good and the reviews are not always accurate.
Anyone got any advice on which would be the best make to go for etc im mainly going to be using it for fixing studded partitions, skirtings, alcatraves etc mainly something that is going to be powerfull and not let me down good value for money mainly. Also on that last note can i get a gun that will do Studs and second fix or would i need a brad nailer and a framing nailer?

Sponsored Links
most guns will do up to 50mm, which are usually second fix and do brads etc,(unless its a coil nailer for doing fencing type nails) then its 50-90mm which are usually first fix. From what you say it sounds more like a second fix is what you are after. ALso depends on the compressor you have. a first fix uses a fir bit of air to fire the nails, so a larger tanked one is better to avoid wearing out the motor to much.

Have a good look around on the next, places like screwfix, axminster etc are worth a look.

thanks for the reply just curious regards different type of nails is the higher the gauge the thinner the nail for example 14 g is bigger than a 18 g nail and whats kind of nails can u get for them and what are there purpose?

I have a Spit Pulsa 700p that will put a 1" nail into a steel RSJ.
I find it a very usefull tool and though nails and gas are not cheap, the time saving is worth it.

Sponsored Links
look at bostitch
brad nailer does 18g brads from 15 to 50mm
2in1 does brads and staples
2nd fix (the one you want) does 16g from 32 to 65mm
then you have 1st fix which does headed nails from 50 to 90mm ( the 90mm are available in full ring which the gas nailers availabvle wont take as they dont have the power

for gas nailers try the kit-pro which apart from being a lot cheasper than paslode is lighter and more powerfull

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back