Nail guns

P

Phil189345985

Nail guns.
I don't have one & never used one. Handy with a hammer.
About to do quite a big loft - 195x47s, studword etc., all the usual.

I have some questions:

• Will a nailgun be useful?
    What sort (length, capacity etc).
    Buy or hire?
    Any brand recommendations?
    Cost of consumables?

Thanks in advance.
Phil.

Sponsored Links
Hi Phil

Can't answer all the questions, but when I put a new roof over my garage and utility I purchased a used nailgun. It made it alot easier, and saved my arm. Some say you cant beat a good old hammered in nail. Nail gun fires nails, so less movement then hammering.

In contrast when I did the roof over my shed (block built 6mx5m) with cut roof, I hammered in every nail. Normal nails are thicker, and I'm sure this has some bearing in rigidity, but I'm sure the experts will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just a keen DIY'er.

Back to the nail gun, I got a 1st fix pasolde IM350 which actually came with about 5000 nails. I used all ring nails. Link below to the nail gun. I purchased this after it being recommended to me.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/paslode-im350-90mm-gas-framing-nailer-6v/72433

There's many on ebay starting from about £200, if that floats your boat.

I was thinking of selling mine as couldnt think of any other uses, until I built some shelving in the shed, which it made light work of. I've now decided to keep it, as I'm planning some refurbishment next year on a house I've just purchased, and it will help when doing the stud walls.

HTH

I have two nail guns and if your job is putting studwork up or timber frames together then you will wonder why it took you so long to buy one! Have a look at power tool world web site hitachi 50-90mm framing nailer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back