Naked Sunbather

noodlz wrote.

PaulBrownviews you leave some of us the impression you have), , to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view. For me humour is a great way of doing that, and I agree that sometimes I'm cracking jokes (however bad) at you, but its partly because you don't laugh with us. BAS has a good craic here, hell, even Slogger has a laff, but sometimes it sounds like you've got a rod up your a*se. Lighten up fella.

Any chance of editing this lot into a readable format?

You also quoted me as saying this.
I never said anything offensive to BAS and likewise he hasn't too me either. (someone's telling porkies ) Some on here need to get a life.
This is actually what I said.
Markie you should recognise grudges when you see them. I never said anything offensive to BAS and likewise he hasn't too me either. Some on here need to get a life.

Why did you see the need to alter my quote and add this bit in?
someone's telling porkies

When quoting people, the quote should be intact, as written by the person you are quoting, not altered or messed about with, you silly person. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
paulbrown said:
When quoting people, the quote should be intact, as written by the person you are quoting, not altered or messed about with, you silly person. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hoisted by your own petard :LOL:

READ MY ORIGINAL TEXT....then your quote and critique of it :rolleyes: ;)

noodlz said:
paulbrown said:

Hoisted by your own petard :LOL:

READ MY ORIGINAL TEXT....then your quote and critique of it :rolleyes: ;)

You have not answered my question so I will again ask you.

Why did you manipulate my comment and present it as a quote from me?

PaulBrownviews you leave some of us the impression you have), , to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view. For me humour is a great way of doing that, and I agree that sometimes I'm cracking jokes (however bad) at you, but its partly because you don't laugh with us. BAS has a good craic here, hell, even Slogger has a laff, but sometimes it sounds like you've got a rod up your a*se. Lighten up fella.

Can you also make the above readable.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: How dense are you?

noodlz said:
PaulBrown, to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those views you leave some of us the impression you have), but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view. For me humour is a great way of doing that, and I agree that sometimes I'm cracking jokes (however bad) at you, but its partly because you don't laugh with us. BAS has a good craic here, hell, even Slogger has a laff, but sometimes it sounds like you've got a rod up your a*se. Lighten up fella.

THAT'S WHAT I WROTE (look back at the post! :rolleyes: )

...AND THIS IS WHAT YOU QUOTE ME AS HAVING SAID BELOW (with accompanied whining :LOL: ):

Then you go on to say:

paulbrown said:
Can you also make the above readable.

Not really.....but you edited it ;)

And what was that about editing others text? Oh, yes, here it is:

paulbrown said:
When quoting people, the quote should be intact, as written by the person you are quoting, not altered or messed about with, you silly person.

Hope you're hungry...big piece of humble pie for you to eat.

Hypocritical pedant!

Sponsored Links
No humble pie from me because I copied and posted your comments. Which have now been changed.
paulbrown wrote:
I never said anything offensive to BAS and likewise he hasn't too me either. (someone's telling porkies ) Some on here need to get a life.

Where can I get one of those then?

Accept this as the norm and before you know it you could have groups naturalists, and the like in your neighbours garden.

I can just picture David Attenborough in my garden now

PaulBrown, to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those views you leave some of us the impression you have), but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view. For me humour is a great way of doing that, and I agree that sometimes I'm cracking jokes (however bad) at you, but its partly because you don't laugh with us. BAS has a good craic here, hell, even Slogger has a laff, but sometimes it sounds like you've got a rod up your a*se. Lighten up fella.

noodlz wrote:
paulbrown wrote:

Accept this as the norm and before you know it you could have groups naturalists, and the like in your neighbours garden.

I haven't told porkies, substantiate your remark please.

I couldn't care less whether you agree with my politics or not because this thread isn't a political debate.

If you must pull me on a minor spelling mistake put your own grammar order first.
Quote:
PaulBrownviews

No capitals letters in my name on this board, and I would prefer a gap after my surname.
You speak in plural, can you tell me who else you represent?
Quote:
PaulBrownviews you leave some of us the impression you have),

Neither you or your boring obnoxious oppo would recognise humour if it hit you in the face, you have a grudges and are intolerant of other peoples viewpoints.

Tell me why would I would I pull you up for this,
PaulBrownviews

No capitals letters in my name on this board, and I would prefer a gap after my surname.
after you had said it, and yet it as now gone from your post? I can't edit your post.

If any of us edit posts it would usually say so, I can only presume you are a MOD and have abused your position to conceal your lies.

I am not dense you are a blatant liar and have been caught again, just as you have before.

Noodlz - Whilst it's obvious you and paulbrown are having a spat here........I also don't agree with some of what paulbrown says, but in the interest of fair play I feel I must say something...............

paulbrown said you had altered one of his post in a quote that you made which was quite clear to see that this had been done this at the time as I did read it when it was posted - interestingly though it has now been taken out of the post you made but hasn't got the 'edited' bit on the bottom of the post

How could this have happened?

Noodlz I have no proof to show what I read in your post as it has now been altered I can only say that I am an honest person and I know what I read.

Perhaps someone is trying to cause trouble between you both?

I feel this is a really serious matter as it appears that someone is deliberately messing about with posts (I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes) - is this happening to others as well? - whilst I know that you and paulbrown don't appear to get on there does appear to be some kind of attempt at trying to discredit what he is saying, by someone altering posts without permission.

If this is the case then it is a disgrace and needs investigating by admin :eek: :eek:

As a poster here I am concerned that the same thing may be happening to my posts as I never really go back and check when people quote me - but I will be doing from now on.

I am going to inform admin of this situation - as I feel it is a very serious matter....... :eek: :eek:

I don't want to bore people to death here, but some very serious behind the scenes editing has gone on here.

Here is a full post of mine from page five of this thread.
noodlz wrote:
paulbrown wrote:

I haven't told porkies, substantiate your remark please.

I couldn't care less whether you agree with my politics or not because this thread isn't a political debate.

If you must pull me on a minor spelling mistake put your own grammar order first.
Quote:
PaulBrownviews

You speak in plural, can you tell me who else you represent?
Quote:
PaulBrownviews you leave some of us the impression you have),

Neither you or your boring obnoxious oppo would recognise humour if it hit you in the face, you have a grudges and are intolerant of other peoples viewpoints.

The altered part is the highlit part at the top which is as it was said as I copied pasted the post before commenting. I did not in anyway alter or amend it because I used it as the basis for my reply.

Why would I pass this comment.
Quote:
PaulBrownviews

Had I deliberately changed any of Noodlz's comments why would I say the above? Furthermore I never knew how this was going to pan out, Noodliz then made several other posts before commenting, which would never truthfully happen.

This is a clear and blatant abuse by someone with the capability of altering posts afterwards. When we do this it tells other posters we had done so but it doesn't on this post.

This abuse needs taking up by Admid.

Thanks Julie, I'm glad someone else noticed what was truthfully written and how it was changed to try too discredit me.

I cannot believe that someone would tell lies just for a minor issue on a forum. They must be deplorable people in real life.

In all fairness paulbrown - Noodlz may not be aware that the post had been messed with - which explains some of the hostility between you both with claims and counterclaims re what was being said.

It's probably a good idea for you to raise the issue with admin aswell.

I'm going to have a look through some of my previous posts to see if I can notice any changes.
From now on though I am going to copy and paste all of my posts and keep a copy in my computer - someone on here said they do that - can't remember who though!

Fairly recently I was sure that one of my posts had been tampered with, but had no proof, and I have to accept that I might have been mistaken in my memory of what I'd written.

Yes - we all know that despite the denials going on here, posts sometimes get completely removed, or the contents edited out, with a moderator comment, and sometimes whole threads get the chop.

But I agree - if posts are being subtly altered in order to make it look as though someone had written something they hadn't, then that is very serious.

If I've got my head around the exchange above, noodlz wrote this:

PaulBrown, to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those views you leave some of us the impression you have), but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view.

but paulbrown quoted him as having written

PaulBrownviews you leave some of us the impression you have), , to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view.

pb - are you absolutely sure that you didn't accidentally do that with an inadvertent mouse click or two? It was rather late....

Well i'll give you my view as i was involved in the conversation at the time.

What noodlz wrote, is the correct quote, because i read it as soon as he posted it.
So i don't know what happened to paul b version of his quote, :confused:

ban-all-sheds said:
Fairly recently I was sure that one of my posts had been tampered with, but had no proof, and I have to accept that I might have been mistaken in my memory of what I'd written.

Yes - we all know that despite the denials going on here, posts sometimes get completely removed, or the contents edited out, with a moderator comment, and sometimes whole threads get the chop.

But I agree - if posts are being subtly altered in order to make it look as though someone had written something they hadn't, then that is very serious.

If I've got my head around the exchange above, noodlz wrote this:

PaulBrown, to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those views you leave some of us the impression you have), but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view.

but paulbrown quoted him as having written

PaulBrownviews you leave some of us the impression you have), , to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view.

pb - are you absolutely sure that you didn't accidentally do that with an inadvertent mouse click or two? It was rather late....

BAS, I have had many disagreements with you, but I can honestly and truthfully swear I am telling the truth here. I have made no mistakes whatsoever. I used the full reply, as copied and pasted, as the basis for my reply. I swear I did not in anyway alter it.

I admit I have my faults and admit I am right leaning, but I have not told lies.

I am just glad that Julie noticed something odd too.

markie said:
Well i'll give you my view as i was involved in the conversation at the time.

What noodlz wrote, is the correct quote, because i read it as soon as he posted it.
So i don't know what happened to paul b version of his quote, :confused:

Star witness for the defence...cheers Markie...thought I'd be stitched up for crime I didn't commit.......was turning green already!

I did not edit my original post.
I am not a mod.
Paulbrown, you are a pedantic hypocrite.

If I had made a mistake in my post I would have re-edited it, but then we would all see that it had been edited and I would have admitted I'd made a mistake.

Paulbrown, you are so up yourself, you can't even consider that it is you who made a mistake with the slip of the mouse as has been suggested. Even if you would have quoted the entire text, a couple of clicks of the mouse in the wrong places could have had this effect(think about it as a possibility)even if not intentional or noticed. We've all done it when editing documents (that's an expression, by the way, before you ask me to provide you of a written statement of the "all" I am referring to!)

I questioned myself, did you?

What do you think is the more likely possibility?

You say that I should not use capital letters for your username :eek: which I have done, now you do the same to me, and change the spelling, which, by the way, is quite funny ;) , but by your standards a real no-no..... :rolleyes: as is this icon :rolleyes:

I didn't call you on your spelling....it was a joke on the word naturalist/naturist, which you did not care to laugh with, instead seeing it as a personal affront. Similarly, a tongue in cheek comment in brackets within your quote....I see that rod's still in position! :rolleyes:

If it is someone behind the scenes stirring, well, they are doing a good job :LOL: but then anything that's written is open to abuse.

You don't appear to have a joke, but must find the strangest objection to whatever is said. So, PaulBrownshirt (at least out of all this you finally admit to being on the right...how far right...you won't say!), lighten up....life's too short!

Noodlz - I also saw the post - whilst I accept what Markie says - the post in your quote was definately altered - I saw this with my own eyes. I also have indicated that this was done without your knowledge if you read my previous post. In fact BAS has also implied that he may have been a victim of this too.
In view of what I saw I am under no illusion that posts are being altered/messed about with.

This is totally unacceptable and should be voiced as so.

I have no axe to grind with anyone here - I try to keep out of the arguements but I can't help but interject when I see a wrong being done.

Quite frankly the fact that you have indicated that you think it's ok for people to be stirring things up behind the scenes and having your posts altered and you have not expressed your concern re this is difficult to understand - had someone told me that any of my posts had been altered I would want this matter investigating.

Whether you believe me or not (obviously not by your lack of reference to me) is irrelevent - I shall be making my views know to the admin here, not because I think you are involved but because of the seriousness of this issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would also like to add that the name calling business here is totally inappropriate and unnecessary - we are all adults and should behave as such.
Life is too short for antagomism and arguements.

Can we not move on from this?

Sponsored Links
Back