Woman convicted of transmitting HIV to her partner

Sponsored Links
bbc.co.uk said:
She admitted unlawfully inflicting grievous bodily harm and was sentenced to two years' youth detention.

absolutely shocking. she's knowingly ended his life prematurely. she's also made the rest of his life painful, miserable, and difficult. he won't be able to have children. etc.. etc..

she was diagnosed with it, she knew what it was like to be told 'you have HIV'. and she went and done it to the poor sod.

and look at the sentence??? way way waaay too lenient, i think. this isn't justice.

she could have" knowingly ended his life prematurely" by marrying him

......sorry just an observation. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Reports suggest married men, or those in a long term stable relationship live longer than unattached men, so it's not that bad.

JulieL said:
Not necessarily!.......

i must admit, i dont know much about HIV, particularly compared to how much you know!! i know that treatments have much improved, and they those diagnosed can survive for much longer, but surely he won't even survive to see the age of 60? or will he??

such a sentence is IMO far too lenient. i think a minimum 30year sentence should be applied to cases like this. this girl could have also infected how many others (think undisclosed one night stands, etc..)

actually julie, do you remember that case where that somalian (i think, definitely north african) bloke infected some girls. what was his sentence??

user56565 said:
JulieL said:
Not necessarily!.......

i must admit, i dont know much about HIV, particularly compared to how much you know!! i know that treatments have much improved, and they those diagnosed can survive for much longer, but surely he won't even survive to see the age of 60? or will he??

such a sentence is IMO far too lenient. i think a minimum 30year sentence should be applied to cases like this. this girl could have also infected how many others (think undisclosed one night stands, etc..)

actually julie, do you remember that case where that somalian (i think, definitely north african) bloke infected some girls. what was his sentence??

Well, like I said earlier there is no reason why someone shouldn't live a natural lifespan, which would include living to be aged 60+! :)
This is providing people adhere strictly to their medication regime and they aren't getting 'reinfected' with drug resistant strains of HIV.
They will also need to have their blood profiles monitored about every 3 months - as some of the drugs used can cause problems with the way lipids (fats) are distributed/absorbed in the body, which can lead to an increased risk of heart disease!!

I have attached a link re the African guy who was convicted earlier this year - there have been a handful of others (3 or 4) all together in this Country (I think!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4375793.stm

I also find 2 yrs youth detention a bit lenient for what she did. Would a heavier sentence act as a deterrent to others who may do the same?

This sort of thing scares the bejesus out of me. There are so many other STDs going around, that if you haven't had a scare you know someone who has. If HIV is as easy to pass on as chlamidya, for example, then there are a LOT of people out there just waiting to get infected.

I know I'm clean, but I've never met a woman who bothers to get themselves tested unless they are oozing fetid spew from their tuppence. I think it is the culture whereby a woman refuses to admit that she is "sleeping around", even if she goes through 100 guys a week in some humungous endless gangbang. It's as if they see getting themselves tested as an admission of sluttiness.

I once asked a girl if she ever got herself tested. The response I got... I might as well have said "Wow, you're a slut. Do you have AIDS?" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

petewood said:
I also find 2 yrs youth detention a bit lenient for what she did. Would a heavier sentence act as a deterrent to others who may do the same?

In view of the recent prosecutions and the potential for GUM staff to be called to account in court for the advice they give to HIV +ve patients re sexual activity - they (me included) tell them that if they are having unprotected intercourse there may a potential for prosecution if a partner (either regular or casual) contracts HIV from them - this information is now documented into the patients records.

Also, if we have any information regarding a husband/wife/sexual partners and the patient refuses to advise them that they are HIV +ve after a reasonable period of time - we will tell them!

AdamW said:
I know I'm clean, but I've never met a woman who bothers to get themselves tested unless they are oozing fetid spew from their tuppence.

Adam - "fetid spew from a tuppence" (I just love that tuppence word!!) isn't a symptom of HIV - actually 70% of women wouldn't have any symptoms at all for gonorrhoea or chlamydia either.

Blimey Adam! :eek: you must have come across some lovely ladies in your time if they had this problem!!! ;)

Oh, obviously you wouldn't get such pronounced symptoms, but my experience is that women don't get tested to find out IF something is wrong, only to find out what it is once there are other symptoms, or even they only find out when they have a smear test/pregnancy test.

Perhaps men are like this too, but I've never slept with any so I've not had cause to ask :LOL:

It worries me that I have never met a girl who has admitted to getting herself tested. The worst one I encountered was actually a lovely girl. I met her on a night out and took her back to her place. Things started happening, I produced a condom and she says "And WHAT do you need THAT for?!". I thought maybe I had misunderstood her intentions... turned out she was up for it, but she found my insistence for a condom insulting. I think it was pretty daft of her to take the word of a bloke she had just met, nice though I am, on that I had no diseases. And I wasn't going to take the word of a girl I had just met that she was on the pill and free of disease. So it went on! As it happened I went out with her for a while and she had only slept with a couple of people (longterm boyfriends) before me. So she wasn't promiscuous but it's still possible she had something.

As a matter of interest, what do they test for at the same time as the smear test? I presume they do swabs, but do they do blood as well?

JulieL said:
AdamW said:
I know I'm clean, but I've never met a woman who bothers to get themselves tested unless they are oozing fetid spew from their tuppence.

Adam - "fetid spew from a tuppence" (I just love that tuppence word!!) isn't a symptom of HIV - actually 70% of women wouldn't have any symptoms at all for gonorrhoea or chlamydia either.

Blimey Adam! :eek: you must have come across some lovely ladies in your time if they had this problem!!! ;)

HEY!! (much, munch!) Can't you lot wait until (chew, slurp!) I've finished (burp!) eating??

Sponsored Links
Back