Faux pas, or as we say in English "Right Royal ferk up&

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As they go, this is a pretty good one to start the thread
Police have apologised to a widow for giving her the rope her husband had used to kill himself....

Any others?

Sponsored Links
Well, there's some debate on that, depends on whom you believe :). I dunno, I'm not a Frog.

Well, there's some debate on that, depends on whom you believe :). I dunno, I'm not a Frog.

debate from who? you dont need to be french to use it. its in english dictionaries and in general use.

Sponsored Links
You might not need to be a Frog to speak/use it, but its etymology is Frog, non? Hence, moi ne being Frog pas, je ne not necessarily comprend the plural.

However, all things authoratitive aka Wikipedia suggests that you are correct, albeit that the pronounciation is different; thus I stand corrected. ;)

I am surprised they sent her the rope as i thought there was a shortage of them in Wales.
Reason being i had a text from a mate this morning saying he had broken down in Bridgend and could i come and tow him back, but for the life of him he could not buy a rope anywhere so could i bring one with me.

It was the custody cliché police sergeant who was on duty that morning

"Give him enough rope and he'll hang him...no, wait, he's done that, erm, give them enough rope and..., no that's not right either erm, a rope round the neck is worth two in the...nope...he's walking a thin r....doesn't sound right, I like to give everyone a fair crack of the....nope, still can't get it - just stuff it in one of the bags and drop it round there."

Yeah cant beat black humour.

Mates wife killed herself by connecting the hose off the hoover to the exhaust on the car.
He carried on using the car everyday.

I say to one of the other mates ,"that thick skinned bassa is still using the car". Mate replies "thats fek all he is still using the same hoover"

Sponsored Links
Back