Incorrect statement amnesty

Sponsored Links
keyplayer said:
Well I only think it's wrong if you are using these comments as just a means with which to insult joe 90.
I've already told you that I wasn't attempting to insult him.

In fact, doesn't it say quite a lot about you that you would associate AS with an insult? My view of the condition is not that it makes someone inferior, so how could it possibly be an insult?

And if you are not then you are diagnosing him with a sensory condition and I cannot see how that is possible in an online relationship. So how is it possible?
No - that's a non-sequitur-and-a-half. The only two possibilities that you can see are an insult and a diagnosis. I was doing neither - I was postulating. For the purpose of furthering the debate.

I think you have a bee in your bonnet about autism, or perhaps just about Asperger Syndrome (which you failed to spell correctly BTW).

If you won't reveal your personal concern then I can't answer you in context, but unless you leave the prejudice out of your questions then you'll quickly lose my interest in answering them.

The fact remains that I believe joe-90 has a mental condition. I don't know what it is, but a lot of his behaviour fits the symptoms of AS. If you disagree then that's ok - I can live with it; but your disagreement doesn't make me either (a) wrong or (b) a monster.

Sponsored Links
I accept the spelling lesson. However,

Softus said:
a lot of his behaviour fits the symptoms of AS.

In what way does a lot of his behaviour fit the symptoms of AS?

keyplayer said:
Do you know what? I've had enough of this.

If you have information on the condition that you feel might be useful, but would rather keep it to yourself, then by all means keep it to yourself.

If you want to feel that you've challenged me on the correct use of the term, then consider me challenged.

If you want to judge me because you think I've insulted someone inappropriately, then judge away. Have a judge-tastic evening.

Softus said:
keyplayer said:

If you have information on the condition that you feel might be useful, but would rather keep it to yourself, then by all means keep it to yourself.

If you want to feel that you've challenged me on the correct use of the term, then consider me challenged.

If you want to judge me because you think I've insulted someone inappropriately, then judge away. Have a judge-tastic evening.

Oh dear. That is the squirmiest post of yours I've ever read. And yes I know squirmiest isn't a word.

Is all this Softus thing as uninteresting to others as it is to me?

Tony

Agile said:
So uninterested that you can't keep away Agile? :)

I'm not one to argue, but after grandly saying we can say what we like and he will sit on his hands,

Softus said:
keyplayer said:

Grandness is in the eye of the beholder, securespark. The topic was supposed to be whimsical; a bit of fun; tongue in cheek. Most of the first set of posters understood that and took the opporunity to goad me humourously - I haven't risen to the bait from them.

If you didn't realise it, when I wrote "I've had enough of this", I was referring specifically to keyplayer's echoingly empty accusations.

Your post is in the Agile style of asking questions, securespark - do you not have the guts to ask me something directly? Or am I wrong - were you addressing the forum at large and not me at all? Surely that would be a grand (sic.) thing for you to do, would it not? :rolleyes:

Softus said:
Agile said:
So uninterested that you can't keep away Agile? :)
I tried googling this Ass Purge thing and got an assortment of enema-tic replies :eek: how can I overcome ny Dyselxiar :oops: :?:

Could I offer this from Wikipedia, without comment........

Born in Vienna, Asperger published the first definition of Asperger's Syndrome in 1944. In four boys, he identified a pattern of behavior and abilities that he called "autistic psychopathy," meaning autism (self) and psychopathy (personality disease). The pattern included "a lack of empathy, little ability to form friendships, one-sided conversation, intense absorption in a special interest, and clumsy movements."

Asperger called children with AS "little professors" because of their ability to talk about their favourite subject in great detail.

Sponsored Links
Back