Harrasment through Facebook and text advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My partner is being harrassed by an Ex boyfriend of 13 years ago through Facebook and by text to her mobile

It started because she has organised a reunion for all her ex collegues from 15 yrs ago to go to butlins for the weekend including him. He got a sniff that we had split up ( we are now back together ) and wanted a bit of how your father :LOL:

She told him we are back together but he wasnt impressed and has sent her 10 to 15 abusive emails per day and written nasty things about her on Facebook as well as threats by text.

She has now stopped him going on the reunion although she cant stop him going into Butlins).
This guy works for the Merchant Navy so is it structured anything like the royal navy and if we were to report him would they take it as seriously as if it were a police officer, soldier etc :?:

Before anyone suggests I smash his face in I dont know where he lives or what he looks like but i may go to the reunion undercover to say hello to him :evil:

Any advice welcome

Sponsored Links
Apart from the harrasment side of things it is illiegal to send any offensive txt message, phone call or email. Offence under the misuse of the telecomunications act. Tell her to save any emails, txt voice mails etc and call the cops.

Sponsored Links
I would have her tell him, in a short message,

"I'm not interested and I never will be, thats the end of it, and it's always going to be that way." - those kind of messages seem to hit home

Phone her network operators and have his number blocked from her mobile

Go into email settings and block his email from there, then foget about him, are you also going to Butlins? If you are and he shows up, then you will have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

If you do get to that bridge, then would be a good time to phone the police.

Smashing his head in or whatever could only lead to trouble and you could well get hurt yourself, and the sh*t thing is, he could get you done for assault, not worth it in my opinion.

But in the mean time, if he can't contact you because you have blocked and deleted him from everything, forget about him, wouldn't let him ruin a single day.

Back