A Shared Bit Of News From A Dear Friend

Thank you @motorbiking

I will share that with him
I did tell him to do it by the book and this wife of his may try to take him for a lot more than
she is letting on just like you said.

The friend was worried about losing the house.

In my experience, cheats will cheat again and often the men go back to their OH especially if they have younger children ,ie under 17ish.

He is devasted and embarrassed as most people are and did not even tell his siblings until a few days ago, rightly so as there is always a chance the cheat wants to come back when rejected by their lover.

Slightly OT but not by a lot there was a news item that stated that there was a relatively high percentage of men that thought the child was biologically theirs but it was not. The DNA tests via post, I guess many men are going for them on the quiet and shell shocked with the results. I would never recommend that to any man especially if the marriage was working well as it may have just been a one night stand or so by the wife years ago and they regret it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It’s not helpful to focus on the blame. The marriage came to an end, she was not getting what she wanted, nobody can be expected to keep marriage vows no matter what. Life is too short to stay with people who are no longer a fit for you.

She has a right to 50% of the marital assets no matter how they were funded.

a court won’t normally order the children home is sold, if it’s possible to divide the assets and meet the parties needs

It’s not helpful to focus on the blame. The marriage came to an end, she was not getting what she wanted, nobody can be expected to keep marriage vows no matter what. Life is too short to stay with people who are no longer a fit for you.

She has a right to 50% of the marital assets no matter how they were funded.

a court won’t normally order the children home is sold, if it’s possible to divide the assets and meet the parties needs

Thanks again. Not chatted, may email.

There are quiet a few I've heard about/seen, know about where the man/woman leaves then ends up back at home, often those aged over 40.

Everything has to be set in stone and I will emphasise on that.

@The Samaritan.
Could you answer my question above please?
Did you change your username to avoid this?
I'm just curious when people post things, (especially prolific posters), either refuse or side step a request to answer a simple question.
To me it signifies they have been shown there are discrepancies in their pattern of posts which don't seem to be logical.
Im confused too

I havent a clue whats going on

Sponsored Links
I am a 'him, he, boy, bloke, man etc' and always will be.
Had a boss a few years ago who I had never met. I worked remotely at a clients premises so was pretty autonomous as to what I did and when. I made the decisions, accepted the responsibility and accountability. There was never any need for us to meet face to face, everything was email or phone calls. When we first started speaking he would answer, "Hello darling, what can I do for you?" I quickly told him he could only call me that if he discovered me wearing a skirt & blouse and only after he had put a ring on my finger. He soon changed the greeting to, "Hello mate."
BTW, he was married with a family who I eventually met after about 2 years working for him. (not that that proves anything of course).

I think the Samaritan must have done a switcheroo at some point in his life as he sometimes refers to his ex wife.

I think the Samaritan must have done a switcheroo at some point in his life as he sometimes refers to his ex wife.

Thats why I posted the question with two of his quotes from 2 of his different posts in the same thread. I was totally confused as to his/her gender.
Now I've decided he/she is simply a fantasist.

Update from friend
We had a little chat last night.

He seems to be over the initial shock.
He has a new friend/s, one male and one female.
The female is like a "mate" they have a chat/laugh and a little drink, she too was deceived by
her OH a couple of years ago. Her OH spent "too much time at work" but it was because of his "lady friend."

The male friend too was cheated on several years ago by his OH and he has decided he is too old for new lady friends.

I am glad he is moving along plan a little outing with his new friend to a beach etc day out.

My friend tells me now his wife had been deceiving him for 8/9 years and at times he felt something was going on and she laughed it off.
She did once get a bit angry and told him to make new friends and or go out with friends or take up a hobby but all along he knows now why she
did not want to leave work.

He has decided that even if she begs him to return to his place, he'd say no and their kids are with him. I said that was easier said than do and we shall see but I hope he sticks to his word. They have solicitors involved as late last week his ex decided she wanted more than she initially stated. I said it looks as though her honeymoon period may be coming to an end.

It is very said when someone cheats on you and for so long and make a fool out of you, so sad but I'm glad he is getting over it as almost everyone does thankfully. The cheats are nasty and very good at deception. It can happen to anyone even those that joke about it as you may be the last one to find out.

I've seen some of my family cheated on inc being cheated on - none of us expected it but at times we had our doubts. The cheats will often blame you.

So sad but I'm glad he is moving on.

How did your wife feel when you ended up with a husband? Did she feel that she had been cheated on and lied to throughout all her married life?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back