Text message paranoia!

I

To be safe, we decided to call a number on the Halifax website. After being on hold for 1 hr 10 mins we got through to someone, I think possibly in India. Mum had to speak with them as the cardholder which as an elderly women was quite stressful for her, although I was obviously there to prompt her as and when required.

Free tip to all that can't think of options to reduce a potentially "stressful situation."
Tell the call that you are the persons XX and she/he will give you their consent to speak on their behalf as they are
unwell/very frail/etc/etc.

I and my siblings are the nominated spokespeople on behalf of our parents.

So nest time a ring, ring on the phone - you can speak on the others behalf all they have to do is give consent simple yes and no or register beforehand

SIMPLES

Sponsored Links
Can you not get her a card that is linked to a mobile payment app for 2 factor authentication? It would be easier for her to use.

There is nothing wrong with being over cautious in this day and age of endless scamming. Just remember not to provide any pin/card/bank details and you should be ok.

Sponsored Links
There is nothing wrong with being over cautious in this day and age of endless scamming. Just remember not to provide any pin/card/bank details and you should be ok.

Ask to call them back not on the number they give you or you can see but get it from the net. If it's the same number as the one you see on the puka site on the net then you are in good hands.

Thanks

Back