Woman convicted of transmitting HIV to her partner

AdamW said:
As a matter of interest, what do they test for at the same time as the smear test? I presume they do swabs, but do they do blood as well?

It really depends on what tests she wants/requests.

If a lady goes to a family planning clinic and asks for a smear - thats what she'll get.....just a smear - same when attending the GP unless she request that she want an STI screen.
Within these environments STI screening is limited compared to GUM clinics

But if a woman goes to a GUM clinc she will be offered routine screening for:-
Syphilis - blood test
Gonorrhoea - swab or urine test
Chlamydia - swab or urine test
Trichomoniasis - swab
Thrush and bacterial vaginosis - swab

HIV test isn't routine - it's offered and informal consent obtained if accepted - blood test

These results take about 1-2 weeks (HIV tests can be done as a 'same day test' if the result is required sooner)

A smear test is only usually taken if the woman is due one when attending or has specifically requested that she prefers to have it at the clinic. The result takes about 4-6 weeks to come back

Sponsored Links
I was hoping they checked for everything as a matter of course. :eek:

I know it is the responsibility of both sexes, and for many the time between smear tests would be too long to show anything up, but whilst you have someone in the stirrups being prodded about anyway, they might as well have the works.

Wouldn't stop me getting tested, but would certainly make me feel better! :LOL:

securespark said:
JulieL said:
AdamW said:
I know I'm clean, but I've never met a woman who bothers to get themselves tested unless they are oozing fetid spew from their tuppence.

Adam - "fetid spew from a tuppence" (I just love that tuppence word!!) isn't a symptom of HIV - actually 70% of women wouldn't have any symptoms at all for gonorrhoea or chlamydia either.

Blimey Adam! :eek: you must have come across some lovely ladies in your time if they had this problem!!! ;)

HEY!! (much, munch!) Can't you lot wait until (chew, slurp!) I've finished (burp!) eating??

Blame Adam Securespark! He is the tuppence expert!! ;) :LOL:

Trumpet Fanfare!!!!!!!!!

Someone got one of my jokes!!!!!!!!

Hurrah!

(Cheque's in the post, Julie!!)

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
The worst one I encountered was actually a lovely girl. I met her on a night out and took her back to her place. Things started happening, I produced a condom and she says "And WHAT do you need THAT for?!".
Slightly off topic, do any of you remembered sometime ago there was a case regarding a women got pregnant and the boyfriend couldn't understand why as he was careful with condom. Eventfully the boyfriend found out that the women was collecting the sperm from the condom while he was having a shower and made herself pregnant, not sure what the outcome was though.

The highlight was the woman who "KILLED" HER BF WITh AIDS

as we know
it is treatable (so says julie L/B)its not !!!!

by any means just throw a few tablets down your thraoet every day its weekly aids Test which are all afternoon affairs ,

an when some drugs stop working your twisted an doubled in facking agony ,with paracetamols(sp) Facking hell or harder which just knock you under ......

You have a 7 day wait for a new prescribition , but YOU as an aid victim end up as an A an E patient as the "DRUGS DONT WORK" ....corridor waitor

Most are ashamed to go in
as an aids sufferer ... as well as a sucicde victim are treated as "Attention seekers an minus warrent on CALL" .. staff told too with them couldnt care less ...

I would NEVER SAY THAT GIVING SOMEONE AIDS IS ...ABH,more like ATTEMPTED MURDER ....

25yrs wether man / women when known TOO INFECT THAT IS AWFUL ...SHAMEFUL ( ,not against a women but for all gay men too lied =forced into the life above an worse )

so dont ever let any one say aids is ..........FACKING TREATABLE

Moz said:
The highlight was the woman who "KILLED" HER BF WITh AIDS
it is treatable (so says julie L/B)its not !!!!
so dont ever let any one say aids is ..........FACKING TREATABLE

The woman hasn't 'killed' her boyfriend with AIDS (he hasn't died) - what she has done is transmit HIV to him - admittedly this is a terrible thing to do!! :cry:
Not everyone who has HIV will go on to develop 'AIDS'.....if they are diagnosed early enough, monitored and comply with the treatment and advice offered (it is difficult though to take medication every day for the rest of your life - I know many people who get fed up with it!)
I will agree that there are massive problems in some other Countries eg some African Countries where treatment and monitoring is not available for most people

Moz - I suggest you read what I've written again!!
I never said that AIDS is treatable.........but there is a difference between HIV and AIDS and subsequent management, treatment and prognosis is variable depending at what 'stage' you are at when diagnosed.

I've got to be up early tomorrow and could write for ages about this subject :) but I haven't got time tonight - I will find some links re treatment and prognosis etc and post them on either tomorrow or over the weekend :)

When I was a sixth former we had to take "General Studies". It was a good excuse for a doss generally.

One week they had a lady with HIV come in and give a talk about it. Now, she had been HIV positive for a few years (IIRC, 6 years). However she really didn't seem that happy about her prospects, drugs or not.

But take cancer. Cancer is nasty. Many of us here will probably die of it. I am pretty certain that every person here has seen a relative or friend killed by cancer. Some cancer is treatable, and can go into recession and even be "cured". Which is more than can currently be said about HIV. But I doubt anyone would be saying "You're worried because you have cancer? Don't worry about it, you can live a normal life with cancer. No problem!"

If someone contracts lung cancer from smoking 60 a day, we all tut and say "well, it's his fault". But if someone contracts HIV from sleeping with everything that moves, without a condom, we're meant to feel sorry. Oh, because it's so much easier to control a nicotine craving than it is to control a knicker-tine craving.

Most large corporations have a policy on what you can and can't say in the workplace, for fear of offence. All that I am aware of make a special mention of AIDS. Not HIV, AIDS. We're not allowed to make comments at the expense of AIDS. If I turn to a hungover colleague and say "Wow, you look sick... have you got bum-AIDS?" then I could be fired.

But what about cancer? Cancer is a bad-ass condition too, and most sufferers get it from intangible sources that they couldn't have known about or prevented. Prostate cancer? Breast cancer? Cervical cancer? All conditions that seem to occur spontaneously.

At least we know what causes HIV, and we can prevent it IF WE AREN'T STUPID AND/OR SLUTS (men and women).

Choose monogamy. And if your partner doesn't, kick them in their respective danglies.

AdamW said:
But what about cancer? Cancer is a bad-ass condition too, and most sufferers get it from intangible sources that they couldn't have known about or prevented. Prostate cancer? Breast cancer? Cervical cancer? All conditions that seem to occur spontaneously.

At least we know what causes HIV, and we can prevent it IF WE AREN'T STUPID AND/OR SLUTS (men and women).

Adam you are quite right - it is terrible to have cancer! .......however, the main difference I would say in comparing the 2 issues (HIV/AIDS & Cancer) is that HIV/AIDS is still very much a stigmatising disease - even amongst the gay community!
Patients have told me they have been beaten, had their homes burnt down, sacked from their jobs, rejected by friends, lovers and families, had animal excrement put through their letterboxes...........do you know anyone with cancer whose had to put up with this kind of treatment!

Adam I disagree with what you said:
"we can prevent it if we aren't stupid and/or sluts" - as I have known many people who aren't stupid or sluts who have contracted HIV - some have only ever had unprotected sex once and/or had one lifetime partner! :cry: :eek:

Can you honestly say you haven't ever had unprotected sex?! ;) - especially when a lovely lady tells you she's had a check up and is on the pill! - but how do you really know she's ok? ;) :LOL:

I have known many people who aren't stupid or sluts who have contracted HIV - some have only ever had unprotected sex once and/or had one lifetime partner!

Ah, but what about the lifetime partner? It only takes one person in a relationship to be a slut.

A mate of mine has just started a very messy divorce because his wife, the mother of his children, has been sleeping around. He's the nicest, kindest bloke you can imagine, but she has put him at risk of all sorts. So he finds out that not only has he lost his wife, his home, almost all access to his children, but he also needs to undergo the full range of STD tests. All because she couldn't keep her pants on.

I've been in a similar (but much less devastating) situation myself. My first proper girlfriend, we were both virgins when we started going out, we experienced EVERYTHING for the first time together. Just before it ended we spent about a month apart due to exams. During this time I suspected she was cheating due to a very bizarre phonecall with her one night. When we saw each other next I put her on the spot and she admitted it but swore it had never happened before. Of course, I ended it with her then and there. I thought that was the end of it.

But a few months later she rung to say she was diagnosed with chlamydia, she thought I had to know in case I had it too. Even though according to her she never cheated on me before that one time, and I didn't touch her after that.

Hmmmm...

So yet again, I wished her luck in her endeavours and expressed my deepest desire: that she would choke to death on a donkey's c*ck. :LOL: Oh, and despite my clean bill of health I also told her that the test was positive for chlamydia AND syphilis, so she had to get a blood test too... she hated needles. Ain't I a stinker? :LOL: ;)

AdamW said:
I wished her luck in her endeavours and expressed my deepest desire: that she would choke to death on a donkey's c*ck. :LOL: Oh, and despite my clean bill of health I also told her that the test was positive for chlamydia AND syphilis, so she had to get a blood test too... she hated needles. Ain't I a stinker? :LOL: ;)

Blimey Adam, I bet no one messes with you eh!! ;) :LOL:

I'm a big soppy pussycat really, I even lost a fight with a 5-month old ginger kitten this evening. :D But there are 2 things that make me boil:

1) incompetence
2) dishonesty

Even on here when I seem heated about other things I'm not really. But dishonesty... Ooooh it makes me maaaaaaad! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back