Name this embossed wallpaper ..... (old)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wallpaper.JPG

Sponsored Links
Trying to match it; trying anyway

It would be interesting if any old hands recognise it even if not available

Someone did a Frank Spencer on the ceiling

That brings back memories. The house that I was brought up in had that on the stairs and landing up to the dado rail. It was the same pattern as illustrated but ours was painted different colours over the years. The texture and feel was hard almost like plastic and a mate who was in the trade thought it could have been Lincrusta but he hadn't actually seen it. We moved into the house in about 1963 and I sold it in about 2003 and as far as I know it is still intact. We never removed any of it to examine what it was as it seemed pretty hard wearing.

Fabulous story Pete. So that sounds like it means it's a pre-1963 pattern.
I'm quite sad that my wallpaper's days are likely limited now. It looked great until the accident.

Sponsored Links
As a matter of interest does it appear to be wall paper or something a little more substantial. We never removed or damaged ours so it was hard to tell.

As a matter of interest does it appear to be wall paper or something a little more substantial. We never removed or damaged ours so it was hard to tell.
I've chucked the pieces now. They had lime plaster on the back so they felt substantial with layers of paint, but just seemed like embossed 'wallpaper' to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back