NAPIT trade test

Sponsored Links
Yes. What do you want to know about it? ask open questions if you want more than a yes no response.

The test I took consisted of day one computer exams the whole day with a very high pass requirement. Two others there, a sparks from south africa who struggled greatly and decided not to return for day two, and a long served uk sparks who managed it quite well. I struggled and got through by the skin of my teeth.

The examiner is very impartial just an automaton, which is good to know.

Day two is full practiocal I and T and form filling. I believe the board is the same as c n g 2391.

I now posess a UKAS acredited "Blue Flame Certificate" which I understand has to be retyaken every 5 years.
I don't see any point in taking 2391.

Thanks Paul.

I am having a field assesment a few weeks after the trade test. If I fail the trade test but pass the field assesment what will I have to do? Can I re sit the trade test but still self certify till I pass it? What I want to achieve is to be able to do my own wiring etc and self certify, it seems alot to have to surmount to be able to do this. Are all the other schemes so heavy handed?

Sorry for the long winded post>

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back