narrow rads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a narrow rad to go in the corner of my bathroom behind the door..

I currently have a 600 x 600 on the adjacent wall, but it is right next to the toilet, so I either burn my leg or freeze it off...

the gap between the wall and the door frame is 430mm..

I bought a 400 wide rad thinking i was being clever, only to realise that the valves are on the sides and make it about 500 when assembled.. doh!!

so i need a rad that is 400 wide, with the valve holes on the bottom.. and some bottom mount valves..

I don't particularly like the towel rads and REALY don't want to have to spend £300 on a designer thing..

Sponsored Links
Turn a rad on it`s side :eek: :p single panel without fins would do :idea: .........or buy a chrome ladder towel rail.....like the one I`ve got in my van , with brackets missing- that I was going to put on eBay ;) ;) ..445mm wide :cry:

that was going to be part of my next question.. can you do that?
how would the brackets work?
can i put straight thermo valves on their sides? (so the pipes go straight up)

You can get an 11" or a 17" wide rad at different heights (sorry too drunk to work it out in metric) hic !!!

Sponsored Links
stumpynut said:
You can get an 11" or a 17" wide rad at different heights (sorry too drunk to work it out in metric) hic !!!

I take it you mean the Myson premier Compact range. They do 300mm wide x 700mm high in either single or double convector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back