nasty job on waste pipe inspection hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a 3.5x4cm opening cut on the waste pipe, the opening is opposite to the kitchen drain pipe which I think the previous owner used this opening to unblock the kitchen drain pipe. But the cut was square and they used denso tape to seal it.
View media item 100694
For the time being I think this opening is quite handy because the kitchen drain pipe got blocked quite often. Can I make this opening proper inspection/access hole by weld/seal with sealant and adding this access plug?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-abs-access-plugs-white-40mm-5-pack/23322

Or is it possible to have a plumber to replace this whole section of 3-way pipe with maybe a 4-way, so I can still access to the kitchen pipe if blocked? If I'm going this route I'll consider to have the kitchen drain pipe replaced too to get rid of all the issues at once but I think it might be quite expensive to get it done?

Sponsored Links
Can I make this opening proper inspection/access hole by weld/seal with sealant and adding this access plug?

No

would any of these 40mm boss work if I put enough glue/sealant at the base to attached it and seal with the waste pipe?

Very unlikely that any of those would cover the existing hole or adhere to the pipe.

Get the section cut out and replaced. At the same time replace the kitchen waste pipework and allow for clearing access from the other end.

If that's a stack pipe then you potentially have foul waste and sewer gases exiting into the area.

As above. Section needs cutting out and replacing. If the kitchen waste keeps blocking, then either the pipework isn't correctly installed, or someone is putting something they shouldn't be, down the sink...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I bought a Nilfisk pipe cleaner see if I can have the kitchen pipe sorted and getting a quote for replacing the section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back