Is this unusual kitchen waste pipes design causing blockage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My kitchen waste pipes are doing my heading. There is some blockage every 2 or 3 months in the pipe system, which is shown below.

All of kitchen fat is blocked in the open access vertical down pipe under the ground. And as you can see the kitchen pipe is not dropping into the "U" pipe directly, but the nearby connected "guiding" down pipe. Is this waste pipe design causing this frequent blockage? If it is, how do I fix it?

Many thanks

Covman

Sponsored Links
kitchen fat ........ how do I fix it?
stop putting fat down the sink.

Wipe your frying pan out with kitchen roll or newspaper and put it in the bin or bonfire

Any substantial amounts of fat, like a chip pan, roasting pan, grill, pour into an old tin or dish and put out out for the birds when solid (or bin or bonfire)

Or you can have it on toast if you prefer

Can't really understand why you're pouring fat down the sink in such large quantities.

Have you not seen "jobs from hell" recently? Some poor sod has to wraggle his sen down the drains and clean that ****e out. Main sewer ends up looking like blue john mines with all the crusts growing up and down.

Thats almost as bad as customers putting loo Blues in there cisterns and wondering why your reluctant to walk around like Elmo for days afterwards. ARRGH..

Sponsored Links
You should never pour liquid fat into the sink.
Thought I'd mention it.
All jokes aside, it is really bad news to do it. Jerk chicken shop across the road from my friend's pub pored so much down the drain that thames water had to come out with a big kaka sucker to unblock it. Even those half metre pipes block up eventually.

Judging by the minute amount of people going in and out, I doubt it was a very good one. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back