Blockage in 4" waste pipe

Sponsored Links
Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

If I couldn’t get it going downstream I would use a piece rope or rod to pull the jetter head up the junction. Obviously needs CCTV as well.

I'm tempted to put a small inspection cover in the conservatory (which now sits on top of the pipe). It just means taking the tiled floor up and cutting through the concrete floor. I imagine it won't be overly easy to fit either without any movement from the pipes.

Easy enough if you know what you're doing, the hardest part would be digging the hole. Assuming existing drain is 110mm plastic, just expose enough pipe to accommodate the chamber and get a coupling in. Cut pipe and chamfer ends, fit chamber onto one cut end, with a stub of pipe in the other end to meet other end of existing pipe where you've cut it, then use a Slip Collar to join that together. Clayware drains similar idea, just use Flexseal couplings to join up instead.

Sponsored Links
Easy enough if you know what you're doing, the hardest part would be digging the hole. Assuming existing drain is 110mm plastic, just expose enough pipe to accommodate the chamber and get a coupling in. Cut pipe and chamfer ends, fit chamber onto one cut end, with a stub of pipe in the other end to meet other end of existing pipe where you've cut it, then use a Slip Collar to join that together. Clayware drains similar idea, just use Flexseal couplings to join up instead.

Clay pipe on the older side and plastic pipe on the newer side.

I've tried a camera up the drain and it also won't go round the bend at the end.

Once I get the other work out of the way in the house, I think I'll cut out part of the floor and take a look at putting an inspection cover in.

Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back