4" Pipe blocked

Sponsored Links
The brush is like this one:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/bailey-d...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP-Y1aSe0NYCFaOHUQodJhwBUA

The description says it is for cleaning drain walls.

Never used one of them never needed to after your experiance never will. Thought it was one of these https://www.screwfix.com/p/bailey-chimney-brush/17210?_requestid=438255 with the bristles bent back.

I think you will need mechanical extraction, try and float some fine fishing line past it with a tiny bit of cork attached , once a fine line is past it easy to go up in stages to some stronger line. Either that or jetting/ digging up.

This is a shared pipe that runs from up the road, down the drive
you should have said that to start with, it is a communal drain so not your responsibility to sort it . Local authority time

I think using pressure down there is a NO no.. If all those try doesn't work, I think you have to let someone in already..

Sponsored Links
you should have said that to start with, it is a communal drain so not your responsibility to sort it . Local authority time
You've quoted me out of context, I was talking about a different pipe. The pipe with the blockage in comes solely from our property and leads to the shared pipe. I can access our pipe from this shared pipe that runs through our garden. Therefore the blocked pipe can only be blocked by our house and is not covered by the shared pipe legislation.

Possibly the wrong kind of brush, but I'd used it previously to clean the gunk from the sides with good effect.

So the brush was left in the pipe by the OP in a hidden bend installed by the conny. builder ? maybe.

Sorry for not posting back. I couldn't really wait 28 days. The local company came out next day and jetted it. The brush was out within 20 minutes, they then spent the rest of the time cleaning the pipes.

Interestingly they couldn't get the jetting pipe down from the gulley end (after the blockage was clear) they did eventually manage to get it through from the other end.

All flowing nicely now.

Thanks for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back