4" Pipe blocked

The pressure jutting hose attachment for your power washer wont work.

Sponsored Links
Got one of the wheels, gave it a try yesterday but didn't manage to shift the blockage. I attached the endoscope camera to see what was happening and I can direct it over the lip but I don't seem able to shift the blockage.

Will give it another try today but I'm wondering if there is a partial collapse stopping it from moving any further.

Sponsored Links
Can you tell what the blockage is? You said in the opening post, it was plastic, now you think it may be collapsed? If it is collapsed, the excavation is probably going to be the only long term effective solution, patching or lining isn't going to be practical due to access issues.

I think it's 30 days before you can claim.

The trouble is, can the OP wait 30 days?

Andy
Yes Andy its 28 days, I took the cover out and waited then called them out and the lad was on the jetter for about an hour then completely washed down everything and used the camera to check the complete drain , was very impressed at how professional the young lad was, the £9 wouldnt have covered the diesel his van used running the jetter, I know that they are banking on you not cancelling after the first year.

I am very surprised there isn't a clause in the small print that should you make a claim, then you are unable to cancel, purely to prevent people doing this.

I reckon they just take the gamble that most people will just keep paying year on year. If everyone was like Ianmcd AND ME they'd just think of another angle. Good move Ian. Things like that are too un PC for Moneysavingexpert, I'll bet.;)

Can you tell what the blockage is? You said in the opening post, it was plastic, now you think it may be collapsed? If it is collapsed, the excavation is probably going to be the only long term effective solution, patching or lining isn't going to be practical due to access issues.

Unfortunately yes, I can see what the blockage is :censored:

The blockage is the brush attachment that fell off on a previous cleaning of the pipes. I can see the brush but it doesn't seem to want to budge, hence me wondering if there is a partial collapse ahead of the brush?

The camera shows the brush and you can see that there still seems to be a blockage beyond the brush. Water is currently flowing through at an acceptable rate - I can have the tap on in the kitchen sink at full rate plus empty a watering can/bucket into the drain at the same time and it doesn't overwhelm it. However that won't last long before it blocks again.

I have tried acid based 'trade' strength cleaner and caustic soda on separate occasions which do little (I'd hoped they would shift the stuff on the other side of the brush)

I would have thought that the brush should be able to fit down the pipe and round bends relatively easily so I presume something else must be blocking it.

I've uploaded one of the videos to Youtube:

sotal, good evening.

Your Home Insurance Policy will provide cover under the "Underground Services Section"

Suggest you consider making an Insurance claim on your Home Insurance Policy? under the damage to underground services section??

There will be an excess to pay?

Just a consideration??

Ken.

Does it go directly to the manhole? Put your camera up from there.

Does it go directly to the manhole? Put your camera up from there.

I don't think the camera is long enough! I might try a USB extension with lots of tape round the joint to make it as waterproof as possible!

The rods on their own got stuck not far up last time (as if there was a bend) but the wheel might help that. The rods should be just long enough to reach the blockage, but not long enough to push it back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back