National Anthem

Adam, thanks for the link..you learn something new all the time...Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
I doubt if Jerusalem will ever b our national anthem, the loony left pinkoes have got on the case and have said its racist and derogatory to Muslims (even the Muslims have said they are talking rubbish)

It beats me why we are singing about a Monarch anyway.....the only countries that sing about their leaders are the tim pot gun crazed African dictatorships.

IMO WE SHOULD TAKE A LEAF OF OF WALES'S BOOK AND ACTULLY SING ABOUT OUR HOMELAND.....

Not some crusty old Monarch.

Zampa said:
IMO WE SHOULD TAKE A LEAF OF OF WALES'S BOOK AND ACTULLY SING ABOUT OUR HOMELAND.....

A few lines regarding the country the anthem belongs to that spring to mind:

"Oh Canada"
"Land of the free"
"Advance Australia fair"
"God defend New Zealand"

But then there's one that I don't get... France. La Marsailles. Now, I've looked the lyrics up and whilst it talks of being patriotic, it only starts to mention France in about the 5th verse. But if I remember my geography correctly, Marsaille is a port.

So isn't that like us having "Oh Folkestone" or "Come on you Clacton-on-Sea" as our national anthem? ;)

I like our anthem. A national anthem should instill pride in all generations of a population, and it should be instantly identifiable to those of other nations. If we got a new anthem, it would be useless for the first hundred years or so until the population at home and abroad realised it was our anthem! I suppose you could keep the tune and just change the lyrics, but what's wrong with it the way it is? I'll bet there are plenty of atheists who sing "God save the Queen" and don't feel uneasy about it (does anyone want to link to the history of "one nation under god" and the atheist community in the US? ;) )

Do partake of a portion here ..
When Britain first at Heav'n's command
Arose from out the azure main;
This was the charter of the land,
And guardian angels sang this strain;
The nations not so blest as thee,
Shall in their turns to tyrants fall;
While thou shalt flourish great and free,
The dread and envy of them all.
And then of course we got, two jags, John prescott.
:D

Sponsored Links
Our National Anthem ...
keep it for them below .....

druggie Jocks= sweat socks an waelshies=dss payments , then them daft micks .. =pig sh*t

thinking about it we shall keep our Wonderful Anthem as ..GODS COUNTRY /LOVE
pity we cannot send 3 Regts of Redcoats /Mancs batt up north to quell them junkie/ scots , back down to the waelsch borders an cut the whole benefit in half ..
an then the bogg trotters .. save the good singers for xfactor killer /EVERYTHING ELSE ...As natural selection as before hand the UK /Masters had said any paddy/scum bad ones .. stay AN DIE .
we we will take all good ones as servents ..

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
sorry fell asleep an at times you wish it was then ???

Kin 'ell Moz tis on 8-30pm on the sauce already?
:D :D

Rule Brittanial, brittanial ruled the waves ... :eek:

Back