National Farmers Union want to reintroduce Neonicotinoid - disasterous for bees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonbiot/status/1337347533081894918

They are lobbying the Government in private and asking memebers not to share the details to the public.

In public, the National Farmers Union claims to be defending our food and farming standards from a US trade deal. In private, it's secretly using Brexit as an opportunity to undermine them.

Please note that the NFU believes its petition "will have a stronger impact on the Secretary of State if kept out of the public domain". It seeks to stitch us up behind closed doors.

As to Neonicotinoids?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...neonicotinoid-pesticides-in-unexpected-places

Safety concerns mount over neonicotinoid pesticides in unexpected places

Sponsored Links
That is quite worrying.
As flawed as the EU is, it does restrict nations governments from acting against the interests of its people.

It seems to me the NFU acting like this is an example of what happens when Pandora's box is opened - a free for all of vested self interest spews out.

And people can't understand why the EU are holding firm against UK having free access to the Single Market......without LPF and non regression.

Next year we will see this government in a free fall of deregulation.....secret deals with the USA etc.

That is quite worrying.
As flawed as the EU is, it does restrict nations governments from acting against the interests of its people.

It seems to me the NFU acting like this is an example of what happens when Pandora's box is opened - a free for all of vested self interest spews out.

And people can't understand why the EU are holding firm against UK having free access to the Single Market......without LPF and non regression.

Next year we will see this government in a free fall of deregulation.....secret deals with the USA etc.

Perhaps if I reworded and said it was disasterous for black bees or immigrant bees the residents on here would be triggered. :ROFLMAO:

They simply want to turn back all the progress we have made for a fast buck.

Sponsored Links
Some more conspiracy/lieing theories for you for Christmas.
It's already happening.

But hey, you voted for them so you will keep denying the truth.

TORIES VOTE DOWN AMENDMENT TO PROTECT FOOD AND ANIMAL WELFARE STANDARDS FROM POST-BREXIT TRADE DEALS

Johnson’s reform of planning laws will take control over the rate of building out of the hands of local governments and hand these powers to No. 10

Are housing companies major donors to Tory party.....ooh yes they are

Well, the world is rid of Trump, we just need to get of Johnson.

Tories want to strip out parliament and law to avoid scrutiny.....so they can get away with even more cheating and lying.

"The Tory manifesto included a pledge to restrict the courts’ powers to take on the government"

Well, the world is rid of Trump, we just need to get of Johnson.

The loss of a Trump has curtailed Tory populism.

Sadly Tory MPs are being lobbied heavily by US libertarian groups that are influencing politics in the UK.

.... for now.

I've posted this before; once one gets in, it eases the path for their offspring.
That's a very good, but scary point.

Trump has a big redneck fan base who he will continue to feed via twitter.

All the same the long arm of the law is after Trump and some of his family so they might be kept busy trying to avoid jail.

We can hope.

They are lobbying the Government in private and asking memebers not to share the details to the public.

In public, the National Farmers Union claims to be defending our food and farming standards from a US trade deal. In private, it's secretly using Brexit as an opportunity to undermine them.

Please note that the NFU believes its petition "will have a stronger impact on the Secretary of State if kept out of the public domain". It seeks to stitch us up behind closed doors.

As to Neonicotinoids?

Ze French are also lobbying the EU for a return of Neonicotinoids as their Beet farming is being devastated and an alternative can't be found. Since they were banned in 2018, the EU have sanctioned the use of Neonicotinoids on 67 separate occasions, probably in France.

I'm surprised you didn't mention that Gal.;)

Ze French are also lobbying the EU for a return of Neonicotinoids as their Beet farming is being devastated and an alternative can't be found. Since they were banned in 2018, the EU have sanctioned the use of Neonicotinoids on 67 separate occasions, probably in France.

I'm surprised you didn't mention that Gal.;)

I'm surprised you are trying to spread misinformation.....the EU have not sanctioned the use of neonicotinoids....it is member states.

Oh dear you have uncovered evidence that EU member states retain their sovereignty.

Sponsored Links
Back