National Grid warns Britons of blackouts on ‘really cold’ evenings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if God existed. Then imagine God announced to everyone in the UK

If the UK isn't 100% self-sufficient in energy production a decade from now, you will all drop dead exactly 10 years from today!!! You have been WAAAAARNED!!

I'm pretty sure we'd get it done ;)

Wouldn't an all seeing benevolent God, just make it so.

Sponsored Links
I get it now! Gas112 is American!

Texas has a low wind period in February. Which is the opposite to the UK.

It also explains why he's so badly informed, Fox news is awful.

I wasted time checking on his gigabit claim. At the end of 2021 ERCOT had 28GW of Wind capacity. It runs an annual Capacity factor of 37%, lower around February and higher at some other points.

Apparently half the ERCOT wind farms were frozen, but the other half were working overtime and outputting 1GW more than expected. Half of 28GW is 14GW, but you don't expect to get 100% from wind turbines, that's not how they work. Now if they were getting 6GW of power out of them (half at 37%, plus 1) then to an idiot it would appear that they were under performing by 18GW, but that would be wrong.

Wind turbines work in Alaska, Sweden and the North sea. They can handle cold weather if you pay for the optional extras, Texas didn't.

Bullshit.
"An official with the Electric Reliability Council of Texas said Tuesday afternoon that 16 gigawatts of renewable energy generation, mostly wind generation, were offline. Nearly double that, 30 gigawatts, had been lost from thermal sources, which includes gas, coal and nuclear energy.

By Wednesday, those numbers had changed as more operators struggled to operate in the cold: 45 gigawatts total were offline, with 28 gigawats from thermal sources and 18 gigawatts from renewable sources, ERCOT officials said.

“Texas is a gas state,” said Michael Webber, an energy resources professor at the University of Texas at Austin."

I get it now! Gas112 is American!

Texas has a low wind period in February. Which is the opposite to the UK.

It also explains why he's so badly informed, Fox news is awful.

I wasted time checking on his gigabit claim. At the end of 2021 ERCOT had 28GW of Wind capacity. It runs an annual Capacity factor of 37%, lower around February and higher at some other points.

Apparently half the ERCOT wind farms were frozen, but the other half were working overtime and outputting 1GW more than expected. Half of 28GW is 14GW, but you don't expect to get 100% from wind turbines, that's not how they work. Now if they were getting 6GW of power out of them (half at 37%, plus 1) then to an idiot it would appear that they were under performing by 18GW, but that would be wrong.

Wind turbines work in Alaska, Sweden and the North sea. They can handle cold weather if you pay for the optional extras, Texas didn't.
fox news really is that your go to instead of daily mail .
i gave you the figures which you wrongly claim is bull shyte
So your now saying half the wind farms were frozen thought it was a handful or are you saying they only have ten ?

Sponsored Links
We only bought 4% from them anyways
We have recently been buying a lot more than that. Open your eyes to the real figures, only then will you begin to understand what is actually happening against what they are telling you is happening.

We have recently been buying a lot more than that. Open your eyes to the real figures, only then will you begin to understand what is actually happening against what they are telling you is happening.
give a link to that then even just an official quote from the link

The gasometer towers are really just about balancing pressure. Rough storage is where the gas is stored effectively back in the gas field.
Yeh' that's why there height varies as they are used. Clearly the volume remains constant. Magical physics.

Irrelevant since the global price has risen regardless of where it comes from
eh 4% shortfall is relatively easy to make up from various sources such as the new long term LNG contracts signed with US , Quatar etc . The price is what it is

You chaps do realise that gasometers were all about coal gas don't you . . . . . Oh, never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back