neat wall flex outlet

Sponsored Links
Surely you still have quite a length of the cut off cable which is longer than required?

Surely you still have quite a length of the cut off cable which is longer than required?
Yeah actually you're spot on, the remaining cable is exactly the right length to rewire the whole lamp, however the cable goes inside the tubes of the arms and i wasn't convinced how easy it would be to get the flex back in once i take it out. They might have done some cunning manufacturing trick to get it in there.
I think I'll go for @EFLImpudence 's soldering and heat shrinking idea if i get to the point i want to do something with it.
Thanks for all the responses, I've done both sides of the bed as of today and it's working really nicely:D

Sponsored Links
Tie some single core onto i the flex so when you do pull it out you have something to tie the new on to, from the pics it looks quite easy to thread through, the tricky bit maybe at the lampholder end, sometimes they use plastic ones that are hard to disassemble and to reconnect the wires into

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back