Neatly presenting 10mm copper pipework through drywall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently doing some decorating in a couple of downstairs rooms and I'm replacing a few old radiators and adding TRVs while I'm at it. The rads are plumbed in with 10mm copper drops behind dot and dab walls. Where the pipework exits the wall it's quite untidy (~5 inch x 3.5 inch hammered looking hole) and a little bit drafty.. I appreciate it'd never be seen as it's covered by the rad so not a problem really but I believe the regs on new builds now are to seal gaps like this to minimise heat escaping etc. Before I put a new rad back on the wall I thought I'd ask whether anyone knows of anything similar to these (see attached image) but for copper pipe?

10_2_720x550.jpg

Sponsored Links
What you've detailed is called in the Trade a Manthorpe plate, they're commonly used on new builds with 10mm plastic tube. Never seen them used for 10mm copper tube & I think copper would be difficult to form into them. Normally, 10mm copper tube comes straight out the & connect to the valve.

I guess you could convert to plastic behind the Plasterboard & use a Manthorpe as shown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back