need a 78 x 28 door (1981 x 710)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And I only want a cheap panel door.

Its an ex council house and everything is always non standard sizes its so frustrating.

The opening is 78 x 28 inches, the old door being 77 1/2 x 27 3/4 wide.

Is it possible to get a cheap panel door this size or modify either a 30 inch wide door or a 27" wide door.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can take 1/2" off the bottom of a 78" door no problems. But taking 2 1/4" off the sides might be a bit greedy.

If its an internal door, can you make the opening wider or is it just a simple door replacement job?

Sponsored Links
If you dont cut, splashing out for new is the only option. I just found this out myself. Wicks and Homebase sell standard doors sizes of victorian knotty pine for about £20 quid. Imagine my amazement when i realised that non-standard standard (not a mistake) doors cost about £70 inc VAT. I had to change 4 of the buggers!. Ooh - orrible option, alter door frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back