Need a new Kitchen - Units.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I will be needing to buy some kitchen units soon to replace the kitchen. Looking for ideas really on what is available?

I'm clueless on kitchens, so any help is appreciated.

Is it best to buy the 'backs' or carcasses separate from the fronts? Is there some kind of 'universal' fitting or common size door - or is it all-custom?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
The door sizes are standard, I prefer the backs to be a bit stronger and try to get a good thickness rather than just laminated hardboard.
But you will find that most carcasses are supplied with the backboard.
It is best the shop around and see who is doing the best deals, try and stay away from ordering with online stores/shops, especially ones in the Oldham area (maple/rocksolid or any other aka)

Many thanks for reply,

Is it best to buy the carcasses in separate unit form or as a complete 'flatpack' type unit?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for reply,

Is it best to buy the carcasses in separate unit form or as a complete 'flatpack' type unit?
It depends some flatpacks are okay, but ready built will save you time building them up, but will take up space if storage is needed, where flat packs won't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back