Need a wireless room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to fit a wireless roomstat. Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to get?

And as for fitting the receiver:

The current stat is wired with 3 core. Do wireless stats just need a live and neutral with separate switchline like the wired ones? If so, then can i just leave the 3 core connected to the boiler end and just cut the other end of the cable short and then connect the receiver next to the boiler?

Boiler is a Vaillant Combi. No sure which model as i'm at work but can find out if necessary.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I need to fit a wireless roomstat. Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to get?
That's up to you really. It depends on what you want to pay and what features you require. Some are simple thermostats, others allow you to set different temperatures at different times of the day. I would recommend a reputable brand such as Honeywell, Danfoss or Drayton.

The current stat is wired with 3 core. Do wireless stats just need a live and neutral with separate switchline like the wired ones?
Yes

can i just leave the 3 core connected to the boiler end and just cut the other end of the cable short and then connect the receiver next to the boiler?
If you mean can I use the existing cable but shorten it, then yes, as long as the receiver is within the specified range of wherever you plan to put the transmitter. Also walls and metal objects etc., can effect the range. If you select a thermostat which also functions as a programmer, you may need to move the live supply (if it's switched by an existing programmer) to a permanent live connection, or leave the existing programmer in the constantly "on" position.

Hi,

And as for fitting the receiver:

The current stat is wired with 3 core. Do wireless stats just need a live and neutral with separate switchline like the wired ones? If so, then can i just leave the 3 core connected to the boiler end and just cut the other end of the cable short and then connect the receiver next to the boiler?

Boiler is a Vaillant Combi. No sure which model as i'm at work but can find out if necessary.

Thanks.
hi mate - i have Honeywell CMT921 Wireless Programmable Thermostat...i had the plumber fit it when i had a brand new boiler installed about 5 weeks a go, funny enough it was a vaillant 831 boiler..my mum is not too tech so i bought a 150 timeswitch which im gonna replace with...might sell it to you if your interested before i put it in my local paper or ebay..give us a shout..will post pics to you to show you its working fine...

Sponsored Links
The CM 921 is a one day timer, whereas the CM 927 is a 7 day much better in my opinion.

As for wiring, the receiver can go down by the boiler and be wired in direct, the stat is battery and can go where you want it.

The CM 921 is a one day timer, whereas the CM 927 is a 7 day much better in my opinion.

As for wiring, the receiver can go down by the boiler and be wired in direct, the stat is battery and can go where you want it.

Is that a CMT927 doitall?

And is Amazon generally the cheapest place to get one?

Thanks.

No, it's a Honeywell CM 927.

I think before we go further, the 921/927 are both programmable room stats, which are ideal for combination boilers where you don't have a timer.

However you originally asked for a room stat, and the Honeywell 92E is best for that, and a cheaper option.

Best price is to shop around "Plumbnation" are good and you can find some bargains on eBay.

I'll take it off you hands if the OP doesn't want it.
no probs mate..heres some pics that i took, lets give the op a few days if he doesnt get back ill take it off and send it to you..no problem, see pics..
DSC00416.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back