Need advice on a re-roofing job currently underway at my home....

Apart from the lead not actually covering the tiles as it should, there is nothing holding it down and will be blown off at some stage.

The piece at the bottom of the hip will allow rain under it. I wonder if they have allowed for that? Probably not.

And I also wonder if the lead is the correct thickness (code). It does not look it. Code 5 (red label) preferable, Code 4 ( blue) minimum.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I've discussed my concerns this morning with senior management of the company and the've just had someone else go out and look at it.
They've agreed it's not up to par and assured me that all the lead will be removed today along with the already cut ridge tiles and everything will be redone with proper 3-way mitres.

I'll update once this has been done.

Thanks again.

That's good.

I d like to see what they come up with, as it's a common problem and I dont think that dry ridge and hip manufactureres have properly thought out the connections and ends of hip and ridge tiles and it's always a bit of a hotchpotch and left to the roofer to decided what to do.

First image sent by the roofer there, should this still be lead capped or is this acceptable on a dry ridge system?

Certainly looks much better.

BE07F380-C695-4112-9D46-767AB5A4FA78.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Its all rubbish, Tiles off bond, Broken tiles stuck with mastic, lead saddles totally wrong, and i doubt the revised mitre will stay on in a blow.

Its all rubbish, Tiles off bond, Broken tiles stuck with mastic, lead saddles totally wrong, and i doubt the revised mitre will stay on in a blow.
Oh dear. All bad then.

But what about the sky in the last picture? Surely the weather looks good?

First image sent by the roofer there, should this still be lead capped or is this acceptable on a dry ridge system?

Certainly looks much better.

View attachment 137974

It might be an idea to get an independent person to inspect and report on the work.

The questions are -
Is all the work in accordance with BS 5534: 2014?
Is the tiling in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines?

Is the roofer registered with any trade bodies? Can they assist? ( But beware of bias - is protecting their members)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back