Need advice regarding a Quote to fit a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently received a quote regarding a Bosch Worcester 30CDi to be installed with a power flush, magna filter and a Salus wireless programmer. It is for around £2500. Please could anyone let me know whether this is a reasonable price?

Also I have been doing some research and noone has neard of the Salus make, I personally would prefer a Drayton or Honeywell does anyone know of a good wireless programmer that would accompany the Bosch Worcester 30CDI conventional boiler?

Would appreciate any help,
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds about right for a simple boiler swap.

Cheap if anything more.

is that price to install the system including all rads etc or is it just for a boiler swap?

is that price to install the system including all rads etc or is it just for a boiler swap?

Errm, I think that will be for a boiler only. If there's anyone round your way quoting £2500 for a full system with a Worcester 30CDi then I'll have 2 please. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That's a decent quote considering the boiler ,flue,controls and magna clean will cost about £1300.

The Worcester Bosch DT10 RF optimising or digistat are controllers you should consider with both of them you can control/time the boiler preheat facility which you can't do with any other make of controller although in saying that ,I like the Honeywell CM927 however the WB controllers are covered with the boiler warranty.

If you employ a WB approved installer then the warranty will be five years on boilers installed before 31 Dec 08 for non WB installers the boiler and stat only have two years and there is an option to purchase 4 years WB servicing for £258 if you employ a WB installer.

I'm presuming you are talking about the Greenstar range?

Its for a boiler swap
this is for moving the position of the boiler to the wall instead of the old one currently on the floor so they need to redirection some of the pipes and install a new flu in the kitchen wall leading directly outside from the wall. In addition the old boiler has already been removed.
They will not need to fit any radiaters or thermostats because they have already been done.

Errm, I think that will be for a boiler only. If there's anyone round your way quoting £2500 for a full system with a Worcester 30CDi then I'll have 2 please. :LOL:

There was someone on here last week getting that price in Ayrshire,apparantly :eek:

thanks for the useful info,
yes the worcester boiler is the Greenstar 30CDI conventional gas boiler
I was also interested in the honeywell CM927 I think i will upgrade to that from the Salus.
Any problems with installing the honeywell CM927 to that particular boiler..Also have the thermostat wireless is useful, saves on rewiring

well thats quite expensive just for a boiler swap (even using that boiler) for the north, but i guess london prices are crazy, that job should only take 1 day, unless your swapping from a system to a combi

its useful information regarding the extending warranty for 5 years
for the 4 years servicing of the boiler would that be essential, would the boiler need to be serviced yearly?

thanks for the useful info,
yes the worcester boiler is the Greenstar 30CDI conventional gas boiler
I was also interested in the honeywell CM927 I think i will upgrade to that from the Salus.
Any problems with installing the honeywell CM927 to that particular boiler..Also have the thermostat wireless is useful, saves on rewiring

Go for the DT10 RF instead. I have a Honeywell CM 927 and it is a great programmer,no question but the programmed preheat is well worth having. With the Honeywell you can only turn the preheat either on or off with DT 10RF you can programme for three ons and three offs seven days a week.

The Honeywell is about £95 with the DT10 RF optimiser at £150 or £130 for the digi version. Both the WB programmers are effectively two programmers so that's why they are more expensive and they have a two year warranty (or five with a WBAI) vs one for the Honeywell.

Tony.

this is a boiler swap however we are not going for a combi boiler its a conventional condensing boiler, however the quote was for repiping the pipe works to redirect it to the wall and open a hole in the wall to install a new flue. There is also a magna filter and another filter but I forgotten what he called it, aswell as a power flush and wireless thermostat and programmer. Is it still too expensive, I mean they charge over £30 per hour if not more

its useful information regarding the extending warranty for 5 years
for the 4 years servicing of the boiler would that be essential, would the boiler need to be serviced yearly?

Works out at less than £52 per year for servicing and warranty which covers both the boiler and programmer vs BG at £180 X3 (years 3,4&5)

Yes the servicing is worthwhile from a number of points main one being that WB will know your boiler intimately from year two because they will be looking after from then and in year six they will offer to provide you with additional warranties plus the warranty/servicing is transferable.

The service consists of a inspection of the HEX with a FGA/digital manometer to determine if the boiler requires to be stripped down if not it is left alone.

Believe a WB service is about £130 on it's own.

regarding the DT10 RF it is for use with the TD200 which fits onto the boiler, however when I spoke to Worcester customer service they told me that the TD200 can not be fitted onto the Conventional boilers, they are only for the condensing boilers..so I dont think I can go for that one. I will be happy with the CM927 even if it only has one preheat option.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back