Need advice regarding a Quote to fit a new boiler

Get a Magna Clean Twin Tech rather than the Magna Clean Pro & Another. Twin Tech does the same job at about £135.

Sponsored Links
Sorry misread I thought you were going for a CDi Combi. The Honeywell won't do or it will but it will only control one zone and you will require two, one for heating and one for water.

I'd still go for WB controllers though on the basis of the Warranty.

Sponsored Links
so if i were to go for honeywell, drayton or Worcester which one would be recommended for the 30CDi greenstar conventional boiler

i couldnt find much difference in the magna clean,
they both do the same job..is there much difference in price?
is one better than the other?

so if i were to go for honeywell, drayton or Worcester which one would be recommended for the 30CDi greenstar conventional boiler

You will need a fully pumped system with this set up so you would be best advised to ask your installer what's available for your system.

You will need to either have an S plan or a Y plan set up with means two motorised valves or one mid position valve ,statsX2 and a double channel programmer.

I would go for a wired set up preferably Honeywell all the way.

Why not go for a Combi?

i couldnt find much difference in the magna clean,
they both do the same job..is there much difference in price?
is one better than the other?

About £40 and the Twin Tech as the name suggests is a filter X 2 whilst the pro is a filter X1.

regarding the programmer, im sorry but i didnt understand what you meant, forexample having a double channel programmer...and also go for a wired system...isnt it possible to go for a wireless programmer, if so why is the honeywell CM927 not suitable and is there another one that is suitable in honeywell?

what would be the best suitable wireless programmer for the worcester greenstar conventional condensing boiler?

regarding the programmer, im sorry but i didnt understand what you meant, forexample having a double channel programmer...and also go for a wired system...isnt it possible to go for a wireless programmer, if so why is the honeywell CM927 not suitable and is there another one that is suitable in honeywell?

You have a boiler and hot water cylinder,right?

So you need to control both zones, the Honeywell CM927 only controls one zone therefore you would be better off with a Y plan or an S plan with a hard wired set up to suit in order to control both the heating and hot water. This is the most efficient way to run your set up.

Unless your house is massive or you have multiple bathrooms then,personally,I would suggest you go for a combi boiler such as a 37 or 42 KW CDi which will negate the need for all of the controls and the cylinder and the additional work all of that entails.

Your installer is better placed to advise you since he has surveyed the job and quoted for it.

Cheers.

Worcester Cdi conventional doesn't have preheat ............so CMT927 is ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back