Need advice whether to fix or replace my NEFF dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..my neff integrated dishwasher S5453X1GB has recently stopped heating the water nd not cleaning the dishes properly leaving a white greasy/powdery residue.
I called out a local appliance repairman and without really examining the dishwasher he said the programmer was gone and not worth fixing. He quickly went onto tell me about the Bosch one he could supply..fully fitted and with a stretched gurantee for 550 all in...my question is, is my dishwasher not worth fixing? How could he establish it was the programmer that was broken without inspecting it? He was very very quick to sell me his dishwasher and i kinda feel he never really looked at the dishwasher enough to write it off...
I would really appreciate any advice as im thinking of just replacibg with a Whirlpool one that is on offer in Currys at the moment...£299 down from over £400 as i cant luve without a dishwasher for too lobg but 550 seems a bit steep...thanks x

Sponsored Links
If you do end up buying a new one, Bosch are generally better, or Miele if you can afford it.

Why not ring Neff and see if they do a fixed price repair? Bosch sometimes do, or they sell you a one-year maintenance contract which includes the repair you currently need.

Is you old machine generally old and inefficient? It might be that your repairman was very familiar with your model of machine and happened to "know" what usually is the cause, I can't tell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back